1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Any one installed the Chrome Exhaust Tip for Punto...

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by rohanpais, May 25, 2011.

1. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    If you fit that aftermarket chrome exhaust tip then there will embarrassing firing of your car. I have used that & after few days I removed. If you cut your cars silencer then it wont be problem

Puntos silencer is bit downword position & the exhuast tip is not in that shape, cut that downward part & use the aftermarket chrome exhaust or get FIAT original chrome exhaust.
  2. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    If you cut the silencer then you have screws to that tip, you just need to tighten those screws to silencer & its done. BTW it looks awsome.
  3. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    That piece of information (cut and weld) was given by the guy at Stunnerz. I have seen some exhaust tips here in Netherlands. But not sure if we can fit them to our silencers. Looked cool though. These tips came along with clamps. So am looking for something like these in India, no way I am going to cut my silencer and get a weld job on it. I want the accessories to be removed if I donot like them in the long run. The same reason I got an after market spoiler which is clamped and is detatchable.
  4. rohanpais

rohanpais

i agree with Kiran here... accessories should be modular something like "plug and play" and then "unplug" when required...
  5. N Kiran

Hyderabad
    May be Stallion and Fiat-Yamaha can put some light on this issue. Please let us know how did you get the tip installed.
  6. Fiat-Yamaha

Fiat-Yamaha Superiore

Bangalore
    No cutting of silencer required.

Mine was in the shape of ''\_'' & had 3 bolts to tighten. It was a DIY job
  7. Stallion

Stallion

Pune
    Rightly said Fiat-Yamaha..it is a DIY job hardly takes 5 mins and a 10 size spanner.and no need of cutting the silencer and all.. i shall remove the silencer tip and post pics for more clarity if required.
  8. N Kiran

Hyderabad
    Thanks Fiat-Yamaha. Stallion... Appreciate it.
  9. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2
  10. N Kiran

Hyderabad
    Thanks Dilip bhai. Is this the correct fit (dia) for our Punto. Cause it says universal and I donot know if all the exhausts come with the same diameter. By the way what is the exact diameter of the exhaust of Punto?