1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Any one has installed Micro VBB?

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by nmp, Feb 22, 2011.

1. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    What would you do if someone takes away car and key along with at a gun point? thats the point of consideration here...
  2. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I agree Viny.
    But Micro VBB works as under
    It has a code which varifies the code at each time when we insert the ignition key.
    But FIAT has given this this feature factory fitted.

So possibility of conflict betwwn OEM FIAT Code & Micro VBB Code. & if there is any conflict then it may create
    problem to ECU & engine.

If you go for that, there will be two immobiliser for one car.
    One OEM installed by FIAT & another one Micro VBB.
    It is like installing 2 Operating systems on same computer.

So IMO not necessary & no recommendation.

For the issue of hijacling the car on Gun point.

Police authority is there. Inform the police. Take FIR copy. Submit it to Insurance company & get claim.

I agree that there will be some hard work for this task. But if we pay insurance premium then take benefit.

Lastly read the manual. FIAT has prohibited to install any additional security system to prevent further complications

More you will think serious,more you will need differant types of gadgets.
  3. ManUTDian

ManUTDian Amatore

New Delhi
    Installed VBB navigator. 16,500 is the total expenditure that includes Unit (1 Vbb navigator unit, 1 telematics with hands free aid, 1 GPS antenna, 6 Door sensors, Remote vehicle immobilization kit, Wiring kit). + 3000 p.a for Web page tracking services.

Will write a review about the product, after using it for few days.
  4. nmp

nmp Amatore

Thane, Mumbai
    Thanks Man.. for the update. Do share your experience along with the photographs if any.

I'm not going with the system as they refused to install CL for my (Active) Punto. Without CL I think the system is of no / little use. The funny part is other person from the same company has agreed to install CL initially. :hit
  5. ManUTDian

ManUTDian Amatore

New Delhi
  6. ManUTDian

ManUTDian Amatore

New Delhi
    Pleasure of sharing is all mine. I will write a review after few days of usage. As for Photographs, sorry wasn't able to take the unit pic, but will load pics of GPS antenna and its position, and few other spots where i know what they did.

There was no wire cutting, the installer said even a hooter can be attached to the system for sound alerts.

Please do check again about the C.L. because i have read on some other auto forum (Don't remember, will search again) that they install C.L motors also for cars without Original C.Ls.

If you wish, i can forward the number of the technician who came from Mumbai to install. Technicians will be better equipped to tell you everything you want to know, Marketing people knowledge might be limited.
  7. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Thanx ManUTDian for clearing the issues.

But I always follow FIAT has prohibited to install any additional security system.
    Because even installation of M VBB is done without cutting any wire.
    But afterall it is additional accessories. Suppose you have emotion Pack model,& you installed M VBB.
    After that if your car has faced any problem regarding battery charging & alternator.
    Then FIAT will not give you any warrantee claim about alternator & any short circuit in wiring .

FIAT will deny your warrantee by claiming that due to extra accessory there is abnormal load on the battery,
    That's why the warrantee claim is rejected. So avoid to install extra accessories .

Some car audio installer shops alters the wiring.
    Special socket is needed to install ICE wihtout cuttting wiring. In some shops this socket is not avilable.
    That's why FIAT prohibits to install ICE in Active model.
  8. nmp

nmp Amatore

Thane, Mumbai
    Hi Man..

I've spoken with 3/4 people from the company, including the technician. I've even checked with their local dealer and his technician. The problem is they have not installed it on Punto Active. So no body is sure if they have a solution for my car. Now they are asking me to get the CL from outside and then go to them for installing the system. They have even offered me Rs.1000/- discount for CL but I don't want to open the doors twice and allow them to play with my beauty. :irked
  9. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Get C Lock specially made for Active model. No cutting of wires.