1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Any one has installed Micro VBB?

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by nmp, Feb 22, 2011.

1. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Probably I am too Positive about India ::V
    But frankly I feel it would be one of the rarest thing to happen, probably an accident is more common but theft would one odd luck.
    Get 100% IDV value insurances, costs around 3-4k more than regular insurances, and it ensures complete new car in case of theft and 0% depreciation if in case your car is found and has some damages on it ::v. Though one has to wait for around 30 - 45 days to get a new car.
  2. nmp

nmp Amatore

Thane, Mumbai
    Sorry for the delayed reply.
    Finally I checked up the product in flesh. Its no doubt a fantastic security system but I think it's a complementary to the car's CL. Its not a complete solution. They do have CL arrangement - costing another 2k. But the basic function of Auto lock - when the car is in motion - is missing. :shocked

It comes with a black box which they fit under the dashboard somewhere. I am not very comfortable with the idea of allowing them to remove the dash board of my beauty. :thumbs down The system also have a rectangular plastic box for two way communication. Which again is a big turn-off as it will lying in open some where near the steering.

The MRP for Elite is 12,600/ - and that of Navigator is 16k + Installation charges - 750 + Central Locking (@ 2K)
    I've yet to get a formal quote. So decision is pending. :confused
  3. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    once your car is stolen insurance companies try open their "1000 ways to reject claim" book.

i have heard 15-20 cases of cars stolen by thrashing/killing the driver so far
  4. Viny

Viny Esperto

Hmm, A theft is a theft, a registered FIR number is more than enough to claim, yes one need to wait around 45 days and do some paper work, but ultimately the insurance company has to pay it out, otherwise drop a case in consumer forum and results come within 3 hearings, with judgement in your favour.

Could you give me few reasons/grounds under which you think insurance company can reject the claim ?
  5. ManUTDian

ManUTDian Amatore

New Delhi
    Perhaps you are.

I and Italia-Linea are sounding serious because we were at some point in past got affected by theft and after effects of it.

@nmp: I will call them tomorrow and will ask for installer to visit first before actual installation to clear everything about the process. Will update as soon as i get all the info. BTW do you know any other company providing same services?
  6. nmp

nmp Amatore

Thane, Mumbai
    Today they backed out from their statement about CL. The guy told me that they don't have CL so the final price - after discount - will be 12k for Elite model - Installation charges included. Since GP Active don't have CL, their system is not serving my purpose fully. I am back to square. :A Only one option now for CL/Remote - Fiat!

BTW I tried to 'google' the companies having similar security system. So far I came across - Viper - But it seems it's not available in India.
  7. nmp

nmp Amatore

Thane, Mumbai
  8. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    @ viny, i have lost my 3 months old tata indica. insurer was icici lombard (thieves). he had gone to drop my aunty to mumbai and while coming back he stopped at a chai tapri and few people approached him and started asking for lift as their mother was ill etc etc. as soon as they got inside they went some distance and took out a gun. they thrashed my driver very badly and ran away with my car.
    all attemts of police to find the car were in vain.

further icici rejected the claim saying why did driver stop the car. there is a lot of story behind this. i fought with icici in ombudsman. icici settled with ombudsman by bribing them. now i am going to consumer court.

just open google and type icici lombard complains you will understand what these insurance companies are.

they find 1000 reasons to reject the claim. then you have to fight till eternity.
  9. Viny

Viny Esperto

@Italia: :eek: Holly Molly ...Strange..does the documents says anything in regard of non payment if the car get stolen while giving lift?
  10. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Does FIAT cars need any security system ?
    If there is FIAT CODE system in ECU,then what's necessary to spend money ?

FIAT CODE is successful Anti-Theft system. Isn't it ?