1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Any one has installed Micro VBB?

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by nmp, Feb 22, 2011.

1. nmp

nmp Amatore

Thane, Mumbai
    The story of Remote Control is going on since I bought 1.2 Active 15 months back. I'm having my own parking place at my residence and normally I don't take my beauty to unknown place ::V. Another issue was Fiat's price tag of Rs. 10k something for an 'average' system, obviously delaying my decision.

A couple of days back I got a call from Micro Technologies - asking if I'm looking for a security system for the car. Well the first question came to my mind was the 'famous warranty issue'. Other points were obviously the limitation of Active version. I got a series of calls to clear my doubts.

1. Warranty - They are using their own wiring harness and won't cut any wire.
    2. Active Version - They can fit actuators etc so the remote/central lock works properly. Obviously I need to shell out money for that.

MBB has got 4 variants - 2 entry levels don't have remote control :A - You can lock/unlock the car through SMS only.
    So if I want the remote then I've to go for 'Elite' model costing @ 12.6k. Installation + Actuators etc will take that figure to @ 16k. Obviously I was reluctant to spend that much. To my surprise I was told that they can 're-work' the deal for me. The approx total cost 'indicated' was @12k. :clap. I got the calls twice in the evening - may be for confirmation but I could attend as I was on my bike. May be they will call tomorrow.

Now the questions are-
    a) Shall I go ahead with MBB?
    b) Has anyone of you have installed it in GP - Active?
    c) Is it a good deal?
    d) Shall I stick to Fiat's basic Security System (costing @ 10K)
    e) Since the system comes with 'SIM' card, what will be the monthly outgoing?
  2. ManUTDian

ManUTDian Amatore

New Delhi
    hey nmp, Did you went with VBB installation? I am going for Navigator model.

If you haven't decided,then answer for your questions are.

Clubbing [a), c) and d)] Shall I go ahead with MBB?, c) Is it a good deal? and Shall I stick to Fiat's basic Security System (costing @ 10K)

IMO it makes sense, I did called Fiat's CC for inquiring about any Tracking device they have or are recommending, and got the answer that fiat doesn't have collaborations in this respect with anyone. And the rolling code is sufficient to prevent any theft.

However what i feel, with increased car jacking attempts it is worth, there may be a case where a car is jacked on Gunpoint, nothing in Fiat's or any other security system can prevent it. But With VBB installed one can track the car, and after reaching safe place one can stall the car with Engine off command.

e) Since the system comes with 'SIM' card, what will be the monthly outgoing?

I have gone for post paid number with 99 Rs. rental and 69 Rs. SMS pack which will give me 15000 Free SMS i.e 500 sms/day. The monthly running will be with taxes somewhere around Rs. 180. PLUS tension free days and nights.
  3. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    its a very good device. rolling code is useless if someone tows your car/ thrashes you and drives away with your car.

Sim card - prefer a life time prepaid. and put around 200 rs in it. why to go for post paid and incurr recurring charges? apart from that 99 rs rental you are wasting 69 rs more for sms pack. why is 500 sms/day needed.

simple. get a free life time card. recharge it with around 200 rs. apply for DND. dont load anything on the sim. enjoy free life time non recurring usage cost.
  4. ManUTDian

ManUTDian Amatore

New Delhi

Totally agree with you, but the thing is, I don't know where my life will take me, If i don't stay in Delhi i won't be taking Linea with me, may be i'll buy Punto then with all the features :). In such a case My Dad will be using linea, and he ain't comfortable with prepaid concept and charging it again. All he wants is to know the amount at the end of the month and pay it.

Its more to do with my father's comfort. Otherwise i would have done the same as you have said.

BTW did you have it installed? Which model?
  5. Italia-Linea

Pune
    ^^^ hey then its more comfortable to go for prepaid. you dad will never have to pay anything ever. no monthly recharge nothing.
    even you can put money in your prepaid card online.

in case of post paid your dad will have to take efforts to pay the bill monthly. and if he forgets or payment is not reached they stop the services rendering your car insecure.

think again - its but obvious that prepaid card with life time validity is best option. you dad wont even need to bother ever about paying bills.
    simple isnt it?

i havent installed - but planning to soon. i have already lost one car. some people stopped my driver thrashed him and drove away with the car.

so is rolling code helping here? no... so save your life.. allow them to drive away your car and then track them and screw them.
  6. nmp

nmp Amatore

Thane, Mumbai
    Thanks ManU... & Italia for your inputs.

I've yet to check the product personally. Most probably tomorrow one of the guy is visiting my Residence for the demo. I'll update you once its done.
  7. Italia-Linea

Pune
    ^^ negotiate well. and let me know the prices too. i will also go for it. provided they dont fiddle with wiring. mine is emotion pk with the remote. kindly ask them will it compliment the OEM central locking with remote.
  8. ManUTDian

ManUTDian Amatore

New Delhi
    Any updates nmp ?

i was quoted approx. 12K for navigator model plus 3K/annum for data maintenance on webpage. and around 10K for Elite model.

I will be going for navigator as the expense will be like 3000/12 = 250 Rs/month. My Linea deserves that much for her security.

have experienced it first hand, cost of replacing a stolen vehicle is bigger both in terms of time and money.

I was told the price is fixed all over India. Please do confirm from your side as well. Mine is also Emotion Pk, so will not let them do anything with wiring, i have asked for their installer to first visit and look whether its compatible with original C.L.

Thats my plan, My dad won't have to pay anything, i'll attach the number to my service account and pay bills online. No hassles to anyone.
  9. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Just wondering, what are the chances of one (Normal / Common Middle/upper middle Class Indian) getting thrashed at Gun Point traveling in normal city or even on highways and someone stealing away a sedan that to be made by FIAT ::V.

Finally what are insurances meant for??? :confused
  10. Italia-Linea

Pune
    chances are lot. and what are insurances meant for ? to be rejected.