1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Any one familiar with Dremel..??

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by thomman85, May 15, 2013.

1. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

I been planning on buying a dremel for long time.. and till date not sure which model i wanna buy..

I read a lot of reviews about 300 and 4000. 300 is are being discontinued and read a lot of bad reviews about 4000. Now a new 3000 is out in the market as well..

Dremel 3000-1/26 Rotary Multitool

Dremel 4000
    . 0191899_dremel-4000-650.jpeg

Dremel 300
    1 person likes this.
  2. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3

I had bought one from "Home Town" about two years back - I think that they still stock this item. The multi-tool is the 300, but the packing box looks different to what you have shown. Also, mine includes the flexible connector attachment. I have used mine mainly for "modding" work on computer cases - it works like a charm.

Good gadget to have if you are into DIY.

3. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Apart from the cutting capabilities this has, How well does this thing do the Drilling job when compared to the regular Bosch Drillers? Any idea.
  4. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

The Dremel is not meant to be used for drilling. The RPM will be way too high. It does an excellent job of cutting, shaping, grinding, polishing and finishing.

5. Parantap Chatterjee

Parantap Chatterjee Regolare

Linea T-Jet
    If push comes to shove , I don't think Dremels being rotary tools, stand a chance against proper impact drills like Bosch or Dewalt. Having said that , the USP of the Dremel is not it's power , but its versatility in terms of bits/attachments/accessories. There are Dremel drill bits for both wood and metal available.

PS - I have a Dremel 300.
  6. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

Thanks Johnny.. even i thought of buying the 300.. that's hen i heard they have launched the new 3000 and 300 will be discontinued..so it will be difficult to get the replacement carbon bush..

My use will be mostly DIY hobbies..

- - - Merged Post - - -

I'm worried about the reliability factor.. When we are spending between 5-10k on a tool.. i expect it to last a few years..
  7. Rachit Bhatnagar

Rachit Bhatnagar Amatore

For DIY jobs, Bosch GSB 10RE tool kit is a better product, consisting most of the frequently used tools. I purchased it last month for Rs 3000/-, which is pretty reasonable.

bosch gsb 10 re.jpg

It can do a very good job for drilling on wood, metal & concrete. Also can be used as screw driver. I think if one can get attachments for grinder, cutter & polishing,