1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Any News on the 1.6 Punto??

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by K_K, Jul 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. K_K

K_K Amatore

Bangalore
    Hello guys Can any one tell me more about the new Punto 1.6 please Whenis it gonna be launched and what are the Tech spec any News?? :shocked
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Even i was surprised when the NDTV autocar show mentioned that Punto will be launched in 1.6L petrol engine.
  3. Last week i was watching NDTV Car & Bike Show.
    6 hatchbacks were compared with Nissan Micra and noticeable absence was Punto and Avea-UA.

Siddharth (presentor) gave the reason that Punto is not present because a new Punto with 1.6 l engine is expected next month.

I thought i heard it wrong. While browsing through Team BHP, i found many people raising the same question.

I doubt whether Punto will be offered in 1.6
    The news is that Punto will come with 1.4 and 90bhp.
  4. I think Siddharth might have confused with Polo 1.6. Are there any plans for Punto T-Jet?
  5. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

Munger
    seems very strange that Punto 1.2 was not included in that comparision. and the reason seemed very unjustified and silly. i dont think there is any plan of Punto 1.6. Punto 1.2 is beautiful car with a gem of an engine. its the real VFM car. dont know why ppl r so biased toward Fiat. :punch
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I have a good faith in Siddarth, I still remember he has given Punto the best hatch sometime back.
    Watch this - http://www.tubaah.com/details.php?video_id=91030

But the thing is these comparo keeps changing with new releases. See how he compared Micra with Polo and i20.
  7. neoonwheels

neoonwheels Amatore

Pune
    Guys,

On TBHP somebody has confirmed that it was a slip of tongue. There is NO PUNTO 1.6 in making
  8. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    There is no 1.6L Petrol in the making. Not in Linea, not in Punto. The 1.6L does not make sense anymore as Fiat is launching the 1.4L T-Jet in the Linea.

There is a 1.6L diesel expected in the Linea next year when the new gearbox is developed by Fiat.

neoonwheels and Amit have pointed out the relevant details / info. Locking the topic
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.