1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Any Metallica fans out there?

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by Torpedo, Oct 25, 2011.

1. Torpedo

Torpedo Amatore

Bangalore
    One of my all time favourites and the gurus of Metal will be performing in Bangalore on Oct 30th. I have been to one of their concerts elsewhere and it is just way too awesome. I have not been to Palace Grounds in B'lore and not sure how the venue is for such shows.

Wondering if any fellow TFIANS are planning to go as I have not yet booked tickets and wouldn't mind joining :) - anyone going / planning ?
  2. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    it would have been great to go B'lor but have exams on that duration! :-( Megadeth, Metallica,Maiden is flowing through my vains man! Total metalhead!
  3. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    After st.anger James cant sing like before he used too.But still i respect them for being a true metal band and to start the new generation metal era \m/ would luv to watch them live..work :-(
  4. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Bangalore
    Metallica was a staple diet during college. Times have changed, i have moved on but haven't ditched my love for metal. Just that, i listen to a lot of other bands now.

I have booked my tickets and waiting to hear them live.
  5. Torpedo

Torpedo Amatore

Bangalore
    Same here, I guess they had the kind of numbers that appealed to that generation anyway, some of their more recent albums have not been as good as their first few (Kill Em All, ..And Justice for all are still my faves). But having said that, they are just too good live and their sets are just very different from other bands - you will love it. If the energy that is generated from their show can be used to fuel our Fiats, we will not be worrying about mileage for a looong time :)

Good to know we have some metal heads here - any inputs on Palace Grounds ? how it the venue setup? I don't think there are allocated seats etc, so I guess early birds get the best view....
  6. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Bangalore
    True, i am also Kill 'em all, Justice for all type. Not that i haven't heard any of their other songs. They being good live, i am not sure about that. I had the same expectations when i went for Maiden and i was not impressed.

Palace grounds is a decent venue, if it doesnt rain. Yes, the tickets have it printed that it is a "standing" show. Early birds will have a better view but will have to put up with mosh pits by kids. I cant withstand a moshpit now, i am way too old for that i feel :)
  7. Torpedo

Torpedo Amatore

Bangalore
    Ah , the moshpit - one needs to be in a very different mental and physical state to be anywhere close to them ;) Didn't work for me even when I was younger and pretty certain I will come back with a bruised head and a bloody nose if I go now :D

About the show, if you get a good view be assured it will be good, only thing not sure how an open setup like Palace grounds will be. I had been to their concert in a indoor hockey stadium and I was 3 rows from the stage - at the end of the show, James threw his guitar pick to us and I still have it as one of my priced possessions !

At this point I am still not sure if I'll go, but please keep us posted on how it went. Enjoy maadi !