1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Any FIAT owners from SRINAGAR or adjacent districts in KASHMIR?

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Aamir, Apr 17, 2015.

1. Aamir

Aamir Timido

Srinagar
    Fiat Enthusiast
    This is my first post and hope all my queries will get resolved over here.
    I've been in a big dilemma since long time pertaining the selection of car between Punto Evo 90hp and VW Polo 1.5 TDI Highline.
    I'm from Kashmir and the roads are pretty bad over, no dividers on highways and very reckless drivers overall (Kashmiri people are genetically aggressive and short tempered and also very impatient when it comes to roadside manners:blackeye:) hence safety is a big concern.
    Next important thing is that the main VW and FIAT dealers are in Jammu which is 300Kms away from Srinagar, connected by a hilly terrain which takes around 8 hours to travel.
    So after a lot of thinking I've decided to settle with Punto, reasons being:
    1. Solid body, better metal strength that any other car including side and front beams.
    2. 20mm higher ground clearance than Polo TDI which will suit the bad roads of Kashmir.
    3. Low maintenance cost w.r.t Polo. The German machine is very expensive to maintain.
    4. LOOKS! Punto is definitely the best looking hatch in India with a classy Italian design.
    5. Bigger 16" alloy wheels.
    6. Better rear seating space including rear AC Vent and no floor hump as in case of Polo.
    7. Hydraulic steering which is best in its class.
    8. Great stability at high speeds.
    I could add a few more but I think I should cut the post short.
    Now my queries are as follows:
    1. Will Punto 90hp be very difficult to maneuver in the city with congested traffic?
    2. Is the low turbo lag mentioned on almost all the forums of any serious concern?
    3. Is the car reliable and fuss-free as I won't be able to run to SC again and again because the only one SC available in J&K is 300km far :'( I called Jammu FIAT dealer and he assured they have tie-up with a TATA dealer in Srinagar who can resolve any issues and also they keep setting up camps in Srinagar to cater the FIAT owners. Also they assure that they will be setting up a SC in Srinagar in 2 to 3 months(don't know how much of that is true) and I also think RSA would be able to take care of any serious issue in case I need to send the car to Jammu. :banghead:

Now coming to the main query, IS THERE ANY FIAT OWNER FROM SRINAGAR ON THIS FORUM WHO CAN GIVE ME A FIRST-HAND IDEA ABOUT ALL MY QUERIES??

I sincerely request all the members over here to help me out and give me an honest opinion and all the necessary suggestions.

Thanking everybody in advance, I've never been active on any forums and never posted stuff like this so please excuse anything that's irrelevant or inappropriate :cat:

P.S Can anyone please help me decide between Magnesio and Minimal grey? :D

prabhjot likes this.
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Welcome to TFI, Aamir.

Yes, we do have members from Srinagar. I could immediately recall our member @S A SHAH. I leave it to him to comment on your queries. :)
    prabhjot likes this.
  3. Aamir

Aamir Timido

Srinagar
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Thank you @ramjn , hope Mr @S A SHAH will visit this thread and help me with all my queries. :)
  4. S A SHAH

S A SHAH Regolare

Srinagar
    Linea T-Jet
    Dear Aamir,
    First of all Welcome on board to this FIAT-family-forum. In fact I was little away from net-working for some time due to personal reasons.
    So far as the purchase of a FIAT car is concerned, especially which you are mentioning, Punto-Evo 90bhp, you will never regret owning it. You can also test drive Aventura for it's more sports attire and get-up.
    If you enjoy driving and are seeking pleasure out of driving a good car for fulfilling your passion for driving, then FIAT is best suited for such drivers , I mean "SHOUKEEN DRIVERS".
    No doubt it is bothersome not having exclusive FIAT service center at Srinagar, but National FIAT Jammu conducts some service-camps at Srinagar, they have here a sister concern at NowGam Bye-pass road.
    You can contact the owner of National Fiat Jammu, Mr Harsimran Raina, very nice guy, caring for his customers. His contact no. is 9419180100. He can tell you exactly when the SC is being started at Srinagar.
    Rest you can contact me as well for further conversation at 9419590443.
    Hope, it helps you and be able to make the final selection for owning a wonderful car from FIATs.
    With best wishes,
    S A SHAH
    kedarbendre likes this.
  5. metal_heart

metal_heart Amatore

Noida
    Linea 1.3