1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Any direct comparision between new honda jazz and punto evo

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by rakeshcity, Sep 1, 2015.

1. Anand Shankar

Anand Shankar Amatore

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Jazz is an interesting car. Its a few millimeters shorter than the EVO but when you enter inside, you will feel you are inside a Innova! I am not sure where Honda found all that space! Yes, the Jazz is wider than the Punto but still the space inside is just phenomenal. Jazz will be my choice if Space is a non-negotiable requirement.

The Styling like many said, is more MUV than Hatch, some might like it, some might not. I like it, but I like the Punto better.

Its very Pricey, its costlier than the uber Costly E-i20!!! Dont even compare it with the Punto, Punto is a serious VFM when compared to Jazz

Honda Diesels are a noisy lot, Jazz has better insulation than the Amaze, but still you can hear the engine inside loud and clear. The Fiat MJDs are surprisingly refined and much silent than the Honda Units. Again, the 99 horses on the Honda might get you off the mark a bit faster.

Petrol i-Vtec drives butter smooth, if only Honda had plonked in the 1.5L. I have no experience with the Petrol Puntos, so cant compare.

As for spares, I am finding Fiat to be a tad cheaper than most manufaturers. for eg. My friends i20 had a busted turbo, guess the quote ? 78K for the Turbo alone!! I checked in 99rpm, found the Turbo for the 75hp MJD priced at 29k not sure if I was looking at something different, but thats some serious price difference! I guess, Tata, MSIL, FIAT are all on the same league when it comes to spare pricing, getting costlier in that order.
    prabhjot, rakeshcity and bharath like this.
  2. GirishRaghu

GirishRaghu Amatore

MH-15 / MH-04
    Thane
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    As already mentioned, do a TD of Punto and Jazz and you will feel the difference :)

The below are the GPs forte -

1. Looks (Subjective)
    2. Ride & Handling
    3. Superb MJD
    4. Good interiors (Subjective)

The only thing that doesn't work in its favor is limited rear legroom. It is definitely not bad but yes Jazz has acres of space for sure!
    Now it that a concern? If space is a top priority then you should probably consider Jazz or the new Figo Aspire; Fords are more fun to drive than Hondas I guess.

Was in the Honda showroom last Saturday. One more thing I liked about Jazz is the so called 'magic seat'. Good innovation from Honda.

In a nutshell, if you are looking for a car that puts a smile on your face every time you take to the wheels, just go with the GP and take it from me , that's a decision you would never regret :)

Cheers
  3. Rama

Rama Amatore

Delhi
    Delhi
    Punto Evo 1.3
    rakeshcity likes this.
  4. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    I second Ganges here.

I agree to the points mentioned by folks here in comparison to the Jazz Vs Evo.
    However looking at the current options Ford Aspire with 6 airbags + gadgets + boot + decent build quality for the price on cards seems a more viable option.

Of course the bottom line its not a hatch.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.