1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Any direct comparision between new honda jazz and punto evo

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by rakeshcity, Sep 1, 2015.

1. rakeshcity

rakeshcity Timido

Cochin
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Hello
    I am planing to buy a hatch back by December 2015 can you suggest between these two because am stuck up with these two hatch back , I looked in the history but all the comparision done in 2011
    like to know the following parameters about new punto evo and new jass
    1) engine comparision in ivtech idtech and multijet diesal 75 hp
    2) performance overall
    3 ) comfort
    4)maintenance and service cost
    5) build quality comparison
  2. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
  3. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    XYZ car Vs Fiat car poll in a fiat forum --> You would always see Fiat winner:)
    But yes being honest i would always pick Evo over Jazz. Especially when it comes to Diesel. Honda is still new to Diesel segment and they need an engine refinement badly in this segment. And more importantly see the build quality of Jazz. does anyone feel safe inside a tin can? what should be our utmost concern while choosing a car? many say mileage, space, features, service networks, engine bla bla blah.
    but i say it should be SAFETY. one bad time and if you happen to be inside a tin can then rest gonna be history. :(
    So choose wisely. In current indian market only FIAT and VW cars offer strong build quality. So choose any among them.
    Fiat cars are known for it's merits:
    1. Unmatched build quality
    2. Unmatched HPS
    3 Unmatched GC
    4 Unmatched Breaking and stability
    5 Unmatched Ride and handling.
    6 Got national engine of India: MJD

what else you want ? :)
  4. Rama

Rama Amatore

Delhi
    Delhi
    Punto Evo 1.3
    @rakeshcity

Even I wanted to go for Jazz, but at the end I went for Punto Evo 1.3 MJD considering all the features as mentioned by Deepak, And the design of Jazz is of MPV, not hatchback. Punto Evo is the most stylish & hot hatchback at the moment in the country. Only VW polo comes closer.
    rakeshcity likes this.
  5. rakeshcity

rakeshcity Timido

Cochin
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Thank you deepak and godhlur :)
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 1, 2015 ---
    Rama thanks
  6. bharath

bharath Regolare

Coimbatore
    I happened to see Jazz couple of times in my office campus..Here are some of my observations.

1) It looked like a mpv kind of rather than a perfect hatch but offers humongous space compared to Linea itself.
    2) The built quality was light owing to the milegae factor and I believe it should have a better zippy take off than Evo.
    3) The black interiors and the zig zag styling of Jazz interiors didn't impress me much. Though not a big complaining factor ,I still prefer the bright beige and clean design of Evo.
    4) Value for money section has always been Fiat's forte.I guess no manufacture can match it barring Maruti Suzuki (if the characters of a MS car is not considered).
    5)There are two minds in internet so far I have seen..Honda service/spares is cheap or costly. Can someone here enlighten on this ? Except Maruti Suzuki or Tata or Fiat ,I don't see any other manufacture could be surprisingly cheap in service and apres.I may be wrong in this point.Not 100 percent sure.Just completed my Linea service of 30000 km at Erode last saturday. The cost was around Rs.5700.My uncle's son VW Polo at 10000km was around Rs.11000 ! More over ,the service interval comes at every 15000 km (10000km for others) or one year for Fiat.

All the core factors are discussed like hell -build quality ,handling, feeling of safety inside the car ,ground clearance, fun to drive,stability...As you see , a Fiat has more characteristics of a race car than being tacky or glamorous like Hyundai or Honda to attract a common man because all he wants is resale value, service availablity, show off to others etc..

Being in TFI ,noone is going to vote for Jazz for sure..Even if you see logically and do micro comparions, Fiat wins hands down.All I blame is Fiat for being a poor player & lethargic ,globally and locally in India which has made so many people not even consider it.What they sowed is what they are reaping..I picked Linea barring some of the negative aspects of Fiat ,I am delightful like hell till date..
  7. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @bharath

Nice write up, to the point and good logic. Regarding spares and service cost as already highlighted by you, Fiat is at par with other manufacturers if not less. Agreed Jazz has space more than Punto, but the refreshed Jazz build is far from expected. Thin sheet metal, noisy diesel engine are total giveaways. The build quality was sacrificed for fuel efficiency. The only noteworthy thing in the Jazz is the AVN but then even that is riddled with issues as already seen in the City and Amaze.

All in all Fiat wins hands down as far as the character is concerned but then when it comes to herd mentality Honda takes the crown.
  8. rakeshcity

rakeshcity Timido

Cochin
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Thank you bharath and ghodlur for the beautiful right up....... One doubt is jazz's build quality is that much fragile i head that its better than amaze... For my understanding am asking is jazz's bulid quality is equalent to maruthy and hyundai cars?
  9. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    rakeshcity likes this.
  10. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    You can compare with any other car manufacturer brands, but if you compare it with Fiat then you will be surprised to know the glaring difference.

Have you test driven the Jazz and the Punto? If not I would suggest to test drive them back to back. let us know your observations.
    rakeshcity likes this.