1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Any Body has a Spare Shock absorber of Punto

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by chandu525, Jan 28, 2013.

1. chandu525

chandu525 Amatore

Bangalore
    I was facing khat khat noise from right front Suspension from past two weeks as recommended by Sat-Chit-Ananda ( http://www.teamfiat.co.in/exteriors-body/5863-khat-khat-noise-front-suspension-jerk-steering.html), I went to Pride Cars last Saturday and Met Harish, He opened both the shocks, Greased them Properly, Fitted the Hose to the Spring which gets in contact with metal , Refitted them back again, Now No Noise, I was amazed, TASS rep at AAdya motors even did not consider this as a problem, He said noise is common as all the Suspension springs are pressed when Car moves over a pot holed road, I did not argue with him, But Harish solved the issue.

In this process I got to Know that there is white Bush at the Bottom of the Strut just above the oil seal, This was not there in the left shock absorber strut, He said I have to replace the Whole shock absorber rod, I am looking if anybody has a replaced shock which is left unused so that I can extract only the While Bush and get it fitted in my car. He said the only chance it gets chopped off is during extreme impact, I could relate the same to incident when I drove over pothole during my factory visit, Where the left front tyre was punctured and I had to replace it, I felt during that act this bush has also chopped off.

Please let me know if anybody has a left over shock absorber, I thank Sat-Chit-Ananda for his support in helping me in this issue
  2. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    mine also same case for left absorber,when i checked with the TASS they replied me that not going to harm anything.the labor charge will be more than the cost of that part(i believe its hard plastic kind) as have to remove the whole suspension setup... better stay away and enjoy the ride as its in good condition...
    i have driven without that white bush for more than 30K Kms... no problem at all.
  3. Fitting a hose was Harish's idea it has been working fine in my car since an year,His charges are little steep but quality of the work is best in the town. I haven't had any need to look in to my shocks since he did the same with mine.
    Regarding white bush try sourcing it from TASS, you may neeed to talk to them and they can get it for from their junk yard.
  4. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Similar Khat Khat noise around left suspension appears on my punto too.but not regularly..I am observing it since 5k on ODO ...now its 47k ... i guess it is not at all problem.
  5. No khat should should be there, you can call Harish(9945112233), he can guide you on what to do.
  6. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Ok.. thanks Sat.. I explained SA every time i went to Service Center but no one really Helped. Moreover i am thinking to get GC KIT done in another 13k ( 60 K Mark ) . I will contact Harish .. where is he located Bangalore ?
  7. He has workshop in bangalore but can do consulting over phone if required.
  8. Guys i have a full set of shock obsorbers for punto, very sparingly used and all are in good condition. Let me know if interested
  9. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    To which did you change to ?? lowered?
  10. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Hi Sat, i am getting some sound on the left front door which was ruled out by SA. Is this guy good can he help me in this regard.. where is his workshop