1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Any body changed batteries for Punto Remote lock Key

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by divx, Sep 19, 2010.

1. amolraut

amolraut Timido

Mumbai
    Linea/Punto key battery is same which is used for every Computer motherboard for BIOS
    Go to any computer shop in your area & you will get it in 20-50 rupees

How to replace here
    raj29, renlouis and Ravi like this.
  2. renlouis

renlouis Amatore

Aleppey
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks man.. :) I tried just before and this time the piece fell back correctly in its place after I pushed the lock part with the screw driver and locked :D
    amolraut likes this.
  3. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    I have a query regarding the battery in the key. Does it charge itself while driving?
    I have been using my car for five years now and so is the battery in the key.
    About a month and half ago my car was at the workshop for 8-10 days and when I took the car back its remote was not working no matter how close you try.
    I didn't get time to change the battery then and went on for the Fiat get together at Ooty on August 15 which was an over 1200km drive over three days. On the way back I found the remote was working fine and it still does with out any major issue.
  4. GP_Freak

GP_Freak Amatore

Chennai/Madurai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    No Sir, It doesn't recharge;-) These button cells are use and throw type.
    renlouis likes this.
  5. renlouis

renlouis Amatore

Aleppey
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yes, maybe due to any loose contact where the cell's body does not touch the terminals properly, as it was in my case
  6. GP_Freak

GP_Freak Amatore

Chennai/Madurai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    In my case , the battery used to drain in a week. Later the culprit was found to be a stuck lock button in the remote. In the mean time I had ordered a foldable key shell from Hongkong. Now its sitting idle and it had been the donor for the rubber pad in the key
  7. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    @royj, actually there is a coin battery which is rechargeable type, don't recollect the battery code. I had one in an old Compaq laptop, which worked for like 7 years before it died. That is the first time I knew that there is something apart from CR2032, the latter being fairly commonly available in Maxell and Sony or Panasonic about 15Rs. a piece. But a recharge implementation as said earlier is not there in remote. Anyways the CR2032 do really last a lot depending on how sparingly one may use them. I wish that all remotes used them even in TVs and DVDs and hifis etc. :)
  8. harryaviator

harryaviator Regolare

kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3
    after a lot of head banging, arrived at a working solution for the desmodronic key fob malfumction
    1. Change battery if older than 2 years
    2. If not, flip open the key. There will be a screw/ battery cover on the channel that holds the key in folded position. tighten that screw by rotating it in a clock wise direction. lo behold.. its all sorted out.
    if too lazy to do step 2, put some pressure with your finger on the screw everytime you need to operate the key fob. works equally fine..

worked really well for me.
    renlouis likes this.
  9. amolraut

amolraut Timido

Mumbai
    Even if key battery is low , it still works with struggle.
    we have to press Lock switch 3-4 times & then unlock works. I thought my key or lock mechanism gone bad
    Its best to replace yearly. Easy cheap spare & simple job
    renlouis likes this.