1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Any body changed batteries for Punto Remote lock Key

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by divx, Sep 19, 2010.

1. arulvr

arulvr Amatore

Bangalore
    Re: Linea Key Malfunctioning

Got to be the battery in your key..it has been discussed most recently in this thread..try changing it and see if it works
  2. arian

arian Amatore

Mumbai
    Re: Linea Key Malfunctioning

Thanks Arul

Do I have to visit the scntre to change it or can I do it on my own. I hate visiting SCs.

Anup
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Threads Merged.

As suggested by others, do check the batteries.
  4. arulvr

arulvr Amatore

Bangalore
    Anup - haven't tried myself...but looking at the # of posts here, I might soon follow you guys. The manual has the necessary steps alongside pictures and looks to me an easy affair..some suggest to take it to the watch shop and insert the right battery....good luck !
  5. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    I changed the battery two days back. Fairly simple process. OEM provided battery (Panasonic) lasted one year.
  6. eldrid

eldrid Amatore

London, United Kingdom
    London, United Kingdom
    Grande Punto 1.4
    hey man...my car is barely 4 months old...and the remote completely stopped working..it would work sometimes though.......had some spare maxell batteries lying around which i had bought for a watch...its a little slimmer than the Panasonic battery that comes with the remote....but it all works fine now!! even i was surprised as to why my battery died on me just 4 months from purchase...but i guess these things happen...changing the battery is a fairly simple process...just refer to the manual.
  7. Chaos

Chaos Regolare

I strongly suggest you to stick to the accurate battery size (even if a different size works)

Coz If for some reason your remote dies its gonna take months for it to arrive & not to mention if the TASC denies a warranty claim!

Its a gamble not worth..
  8. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    ^ What matters is the voltage rating, 3v in this case. Size will not be a problem.
  9. FiatJay

FiatJay

Chennai
    Hi
    In last week rain my key was fully wet. Now it’s not responding. I changed the battery but still no use. What would be the alternate?
  10. renlouis

renlouis Amatore

Aleppey
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Ravi, I recently got the remote not functioning. I doubted that battery is dead. However opened the battery case by unlocking it; since I didn't have new one, after identifying the battery number, placed it back. Just pressed the lock/unlock buttons - it works!

But now the headache is that after placing the case back, I'm unable to lock the case, even after turning screw to lock position, the case isn't locked and the key cannot be folded fully. What to do?