1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Any body changed batteries for Punto Remote lock Key

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by divx, Sep 19, 2010.

1. divx

divx

Bangalore
    Hi,
    Anybody changed batteries fro there Punto/Linea Fold able Desmodronic Key with Remote lock.

What is the life time of this battery. Mine already one year old and is showing signs of changing. If locking works, the unlocking does not. Sometimes its just opposite.

If need to change, local watch shop will do or should i visit the A.S.S?
  2. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ive not got any issues yet.. Also curious how to open the key its there in the manual but ive not bothered to read it yet
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Even my key is one year+ old and no issue with opening/closing. Get it checked from TASC.
  4. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I changed the battery within 3 months of buying the car. I was having the same problem as you are having. As soon as I changed the battery, the problem vanished.
  5. Chaos

Chaos Regolare

Changing the battery totally depends on the quality of the battery..
    The local watch shop may have a duplicate so just look out... that battery may not last that long..

But there is no harm in replacing the battery at the watch shop.. or even your self.. as long as the polarity to place the battery is followed..
  6. divx

divx

Bangalore
    Ok Good.
    Then it seems to be the battery problem. I need to look at the specifications of the battery in manual or check with Service guys. Will get it replaced in a Titan Showroom, close by. They give computer generated bill - I had replaced for one of my watch.
    So should be genuine.

@Among - Do you remember the specification?
  7. divx its standard CR2032 battery used in lots of devices..buy one from casio..there are instructions in manual on how to replace..it's pretty easy
  8. Aniket

Aniket Superiore

Thane, Mumbai
    same with me also but only after 33 days
  9. Vroom

Vroom Amatore

Mumbai
    I have started facing these problems too.. sometimes they work, and sometimes they do not.. guess its time for me to change the battery as well.

Vroom
  10. arian

arian Amatore

Mumbai
    Linea Key Malfunctioning

hi all

The key to my linea has recently started malfunctioning. The remote lock/unlock sometimes works sometimes doesnt. I have to then manually insert the key th key into the key hole on the RHS front door and then open.

Any suggestion on how to rectify this?

Anup