1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Another Blue and Me Problem

Discussion in 'Blue and Me' started by puchoo, Sep 26, 2013.

1. puchoo

puchoo Regolare

Delhi / Shimla
    So , just a few weeks after i managed to fix the media player for good. I now have another problem.

During an incoming call the ringing used to come through the car speakers , this used to work fine - today i noticed its not , the phone started ringing , i was connected to the BM , the caller name got displayed on the MID but there only the phone was ringing and not the system.

Normally it takes 1 second or so after the phone starts ringing before it comes through the car speaker - today nothing , i could answer , talk end the call - no problem there but it was not ringing.
  2. Flywheel

Flywheel Regolare

Pune
    Blue & Me has a mind of its own. I faced this problem once yesterday too.

The strange thing is I faced a lot of others problems in my 2010 Punto and this issue never cropped up once.
  3. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @puchoo- It could be due to incompatibility of phone with the Blue&Me. The compatibility of various features of BnM is highly variable. Moreover there is no option to restart BnM unlike laptops and windows phones.

Disconnect the negative terminal of the battery for 10-15 minutes. Any error in BnM shall be deleted. You will have to set date, time, speed limit etc again.

Disclaimer- Disconnect the negative terminal carefully.
  4. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Does the B&M unit have the facility to store errors? Like the ECU/BCM/ABS computer? I don't think so.

IMO, it is not due to incompatibility of phones. It seems to be an intermittent issue and I have faced it too. Root cause is unknown.
  5. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    The B&M unit does not store any errors. Disconnection of the battery is to do a hard reset, or a reboot if you will. For this, disconnection of negative terminal alone may not suffice. Ideal thing to do would be to first disconnect the negative terminal and then the positive. Wait for at least 15 minutes and then reconnect the positive terminal FIRST and then the negative terminal.

That said, this issue would be caused by a BT stack error in the B&M unit. There is no need to do a hard reset of the unit to resolve this. Turning BT off and back on in the mobile device usually resolves this issue. More often than not, this issue or even the phone not connecting to the B&M unit at all happens, when the car is abruptly started, as when it stalls.

Rajan
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  6. sk16

sk16 Amatore

New Delhi, India
    A stupid question has popped up in my head. One might be ashamed of asking such a question, but i am brazen about it.

What if a person has no clue of what to do in such a condition. He is not much of a car enthusiast, he is not on any of the fiat forums, his user manual is lost and has no friend who owns a fiat. Also he resides in a town or city which has no FASC, but is within 150 kms radius of the nearest FASC. What he has is Fiat Road Side Assistance's number saved in his mobile phone.

Now, will the Fiat RSA come to the rescue ? :dance
  7. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Simple answer - NO. The RSA is meant for coming to your assistance when you are stranded. The phone not ringing on the speakers hardly qualifies as stranded :D. An interesting point to be noted - one can call RSA if one runs out of gas. They will come with a can of gas to get you to the nearest fuel station :up

Rajan
  8. puchoo

puchoo Regolare

Delhi / Shimla
    Thanks guys for all the info - but the incompatibility with the phone sounds strange because it used to work fine - so how can it suddenly be incompatible ? I have the S2 which is listed as being compatible on the BM website as well - for most of the features...
  9. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

India
    This may also happen when we press the ESC key accidentally/intentionally during phone ring. The car speakers will mute but the phone will keep ringing. Also, there are chances of a bug/corrupt stack as mentioned by others.

I have got 2 more ideas to power cycle the Blue and Me unit.
    1) Remove the Fuse 'F51' in the dashboard fuse box, or
    2) Disconnecting the Blue and Me unit's power connectors (with removal of 2 torx screws)

BnMe works perfectly fine with S2 except for SMS reading.
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2013