1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Annoying engine noise..again

Discussion in 'Technical' started by khamsinmerak, Apr 12, 2013.

1. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Under warranty?
    any idea of their cost?
  2. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    1 person likes this.
  3. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I am also getting loud combustion noise at cold start like old generation diesel engine

Same noise saw on one M SX-4 at Maruti ASS. Mechanic tol faulty injectors
    Last edited: May 14, 2013
  4. Cogweelz

Cogweelz

Bangalored
    Guys,

I am not sure if we are in the same boat. I have this loud vibration sound from the engine (underbelly it seems) on cold start (later on I am mingled into the traffic and seems to get immune sort of) which would go silent and I hear the normal humming on accelerating slighltly. I think it is:

1. A dented shield which I might have got after a terrible road-scrap a week ago. But the noise appeared few days later which makes me think...

2. The engine clamp which I had replaced owing to crack few months ago has cheated me again.

Please advise folks which of the above or any other reason it might be.

I readily called for a service check up in Vecto Motors in Bangalore but they are so overbooked I got a slot 2 weeks from now. There are no exclusive Fiat SS near my place (whitefield) and I am not willing it to drop my car in any other workshops.
  5. khamsinmerak

khamsinmerak

Palakkad
    No more worries...got rid of the car at a fair price to one nri who loved silver shade :).Went straight to Hyson and booked a black 2013 Linea MJD Active..expecting delivery in a week due to the colour which is not in stock
    2 people like this.
  6. Cogweelz

Cogweelz

Bangalored
    Folks,

answering my own query ,I had my love checked at Vecto Motors Bangalore. The noise was coming from the alternator. They got it over-hauled. I did my 75k service and the bill is around 21K. I will be posting the exact details of the service once I take delivery tomorrow. btw, isnt 21K on the higher side. The highlights of the service apart from the usual oil changes:

1. Alternator over-hauled
    2. Break Liner replaced
    3. Boot release fixed (dont know what was the issue but should not be great)
    4. Interior shampooing.
    5. Couple of the chrome beading have been replaced on the doors and rear quarter glass.

Keep revving....