1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

ANNOYANCE GUARANTEED-A Buyer's sufferings in FIAT hands

Discussion in 'Punto 1.2 Fire' started by Kannan_Marg, Feb 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    ^ +1

Just because some one got a lemon does not mean the manufacturer should shut shop and be off. All major manufacturers have produced lemons. All. The same BMW which has produced masterpieces has also produced a lemon 3 series which was in news recently.

Such generalisations to demonise one manufacturer just because it produced a lemon portrays a lack of broad understanding.

Gurjinder.
  2. Kannan_Marg

Kannan_Marg

Chennai
    Time and Again I fail to understand what is bothering some of the members, whenever a negative feedback is posted. Please remember, Fiat is not a novice in making cars, they have a century+ history right from 19th to 21st Century. And still not able to get the basics right is what annoying me. I do understand that only a car buyer who had the sufferings can emphathize with other such similar cases. There was a time (atleast for a decade) I used to be very proud of Fiat products in spite putting up with irritants like unavailability of spares, High Cost etc., I am not comparing the new gen Fiat GP with other manufacturers, but only comparing it with just one previous version of the same Fiat Family.

Anyways, thanks for the piece of advise like
    I will get them resolved legally and post the outcome in the same forum.
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    +1.

This may happen to anybody with any car/manufacturer. That doesn't really mean that the manufacturer is bad.
    Kannan, I feel that you should have handled your problems in the car more diplomatically rather than being too agressive. Just my 2 cents.
  4. Kannan_Marg

Kannan_Marg

Chennai
    @ramjn, you may want to go through my earlier postings/responses in this thread.
    I did try my diplomacy with Fiat for four months prior to my posting here, including some telephonic conversations. FYI please. (still I don't know what you mean by being too aggressive).
  5. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    @kannan

buddy for sure u've got a lemon?? no i dont think so..the problems u've mentioned are faced by many people but no one is cribbin as much as u r...i never faced the dead clutch issue but FIAT replaced my CSC 3 times FOC whenever the new upgrade was available...i've replaced my power window windor 2times as it was gettin stuck...FIAT even replaced my driver side indicator bulb under warranty as it had lost its glow..Now this is so gud cuz eletrical parts are not under warranty..Even got my clutch assembly changed under warranty..FIAT even replaced my reav view mirror cuz it was makin a strange noise ::D all under warranty

buddy ur just overblowing this issue..calm down..no car is perfect..nor will be..anything man made has been prone to error and none are perfect till today..if u want a perfect car then u must build one for urself :) Just my 2 cents no hard feeling ..cheers!!
  6. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    I agree you with aaron, No car is perfect, they have been told by the dealer that nothing can be done, or else you have to pay for the repairs, and the customers keep mum, But here its Vice-versa.
    I had M800 5-speed in couple of weeks of taking the delivery 4 years back i still remember i went to Automotive :A and told that the cars jerks in 5 gear and you can test the car with me, the service advisor said that you have to take a appointment to listen to you and the appointment they gave me 3 months back, now should i drive the car the same way :confused , Then rectified the issue with the local mechanic. :hit
  7. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    I really don't want to discuss any issue with other car manufactures here. But after seeing your mail I thought I will just keep this link.http://www.carcomplaints.com/Honda/City/2010/engine/overheats_and_smokes.shtml
    http://www.hyundai-forums.com/index.php?showtopic=53549
    Nothing is perfect. Problems will be there always but don't forget that there will be solutions. I had faced some minor problems. Got solution also.
    I don't have any problem with AC in Punto. Still Fiat has called me and offering me a AC upgradation.

Wish you happy life with your swift.
  8. rohitjha

rohitjha

bhopal
    what is the mileage of your car
    service duration
  9. Kannan_Marg

Kannan_Marg

Chennai
    It is not the question of whether the car I got is a Lemon or not, but why should a consumer should suffer in the hands of the manufacturers ..whoever it may be..(Also at present India does not have a product liability laws for the consequential damages due to manufacturing defects) . This kind of "chaltha hi yar " attitude will neither help the cause of consumers nor the manufacturers to improve. I would have taken the similar kind of steps irrespective of who the manufacturer is.. (In fact in the past I had the mfg/design related problems resolved by the respective manufacturers in spite of the cars being well out of their warranty period and I was not being the first owner..the oldest case was a 7 year old M800 5 speed whereas in this case the car was just a year old when issue has been taken up). However no offences to those hard core Fiat Lovers.. :-| (I used to be one till recently :sadblue)
  10. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    There is nothing wrong in sharing any issues to seek a solution. TFI encourages it. The forum is full of such examples. Read thro' the topics, the forum is full of criticisms wherever its due.
    Now, this is an issue for the responses that you feel are bothering you. If almost all owners of the car faces an issue (same one), then it can be attributed to the car. Here, its quite evident that most of the members do not face this brake issue except for a handful owners to whom also fellow-owners have suggested possible root-cause & solution after due discussions. Generalising an issue which is not faced by all or most of the owners & to continue repeating it is called bashing which is obviously looked at sensitively on all forums.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.