1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

ANNOYANCE GUARANTEED-A Buyer's sufferings in FIAT hands

Discussion in 'Punto 1.2 Fire' started by Kannan_Marg, Feb 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Wonder why Maruti is afraid of matching FIAT's extended warranty of 4 years and 1,50,000 kms. ::T

Maybe they aren't sure of themselves. ::D
  2. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Why should they do that and invite trouble for themselves? They are already selling enough without all that offers right? :confused1
  3. rohitjha

rohitjha

bhopal
    Hi,

In Orkut their main complaint is about its gear shifting and rattling noises.
    I don't have a swift car but I heard complaint about gear, clutch. Don't know much about it right now.
    Whats your experience ??

http://www.orkut.com/CommMsgs?cmm=7562100&tid=2492837941759253674&na=2&nst=225

http://www.sriraj.org/automobile/maruti-swift-performance-and-driving-problems/
  4. rohitjha

rohitjha

bhopal
    why swift popular for :mrgreen:
    http://www.orkut.com/CommMsgs?cmm=7562100&tid=2492837941759253674&na=2&nst=225
  5. rohitjha

rohitjha

bhopal
    SATISFACTION GUARANTEED

ADMIRATION GUARANTEED
  6. suresh

suresh Novizio

Bangalore
    Remember this is at no extra cost
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Same is the case with FIAT. The dealer here is giving the extended warranty at no extra cost.
  8. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai

What did you tell your dad? If it was me I would say, "haan Maruti wali baat nahi hai. Thank God for that!! And that's why it's worth buying!!"
  9. Kannan_Marg

Kannan_Marg

Chennai
    Looks like we Indians are no exceptions as far as GP is concerned. Just read a thread in Whatcar.com and pasted below:
    FIAT GRANDE PUNTO HATCHBACK REVIEW
    1.2 Active 3dr
    Fran Suarez , Cheshire . Date: 15/07/2010
    Overall verdict 1 out of 5 stars
    What's it like to drive 3 out of 5 stars
    Running costs 4 out of 5 stars
    Quality, practicality and equipment 1 out of 5 stars
    Average MPG 45
    My car

I bought this car about two years ago.It still only has 20k on the clock. From the start this car has been a nightmare. Great to drive when it works well which in all honestly is not often. The car has suffered from knocks and squeaks to actually braking down on the motorway three times! I bought it from new and since then it has had 2 drive shafts, 3 drop links, 2 EGR valves and one cleaned out before replaced, new electric window switch on the passenger side. horn connections re greased as horn stopped working, knocking noise from front suspension looked at twice no idea what they did (do not provide you with paperwork reassuringly!) Creaking from the rear suspension three times solved and now just starting again! Blue and me flashed 3 times and still not better. The radiator replaced and thermostat housing something replaced aswell? A loose clip on the engine pipes replaced and a phantom fault which tells me the engine temp to high when the car has been off all night on start up??? Service? Spoke to FIAT who say speak to finance company FGA a questionnaire later and then passed onto dealership who says seen worse and so long as they keep fixing faults they are doing there bit and providing good service! Really? Not what I expected from a new car! Seriously do yourself a favour stay clear of this nightmare and I'm not the only one this is not a one off I wish I checked it out first!
  10. Kannan, No point in posting the same piece of information in multiple issue threads. I repeat it's not only with Fiat but with every manufacturer across the globe who is plagued by such issues. For example, a friend of mine had his smart (Subsidary of Mercedes Benz) almost every week in the service station in the UK just to get the water seepage issue sorted out. Toyota has huge issues with run away acceleration. Honda SIEL has a huge recall for it's city. When Rockets lauched can fail due to some cryogenic engine failures, what are cars! I am not advocating for Fiat neither am I advocating against it but all I am saying is take it easy and move on. If you have issues get them resolved or better sell of the car. Not worth your time,energy and happiness to think about the issues and feel bad.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.