1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

ANNOYANCE GUARANTEED-A Buyer's sufferings in FIAT hands

Discussion in 'Punto 1.2 Fire' started by Kannan_Marg, Feb 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. viveksonkhla

viveksonkhla Amatore

Noida, India
    NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    There is a reason to get worried only if these issues are cropping up on daily basis and a large number of Fiat cars are suffering form these issues.
    Are they? The answer is "No". Out of 20000 Plus cars I have come across only few being plagues with Issues.....(say may be less than 1%). And majority of the times the Car owner is pissed off because things did not happen the way he wanted them to happen(I have been victim of this "Do as I say syndrome" in past).

There would be some cases where you will find some service centers incapable of handling issues..but not all are incapable..

Regarding gearbox: Now you may find ift stupid...but this is what I believe.....we are a country who has been brought up....with our Dads driving Marutis...with short gear ratios...and that is what we have driven when we learnt to drive cars....and we tend to chahge gears like we are doing some kind of "Ahsaan" on the car ....and that is what we expect from our future cars....Its like we want all our cars to behave like Marutis from the word go....and anything that changeless out conditioned reflexes is not good. I remember my dad sitting in my Linea and saying "Yar beta...isme Maruti wali baat nahi hai".

And remember: " When describing their experience people generally leave out a major factor that contributes to that experience ...themselves"
  2. Kannan_Marg

Kannan_Marg

Chennai
    @viveksonkhla, Please understand that I have been driving cars for the past 2 decades atleast and the car I have driven for the longest period was a 2001 Fiat Siena 1.2 Petrol and I hope I don't need to prove my driving habits again to some other person who would question it once more. One need to read the thread fully and possibly the introduce yourself section before raising a judging question about another person's driving capabilities. :mad:

I have never stated that the scheduled service is the problem here, but provided the entire service history with break-up of visits to the workshop. One must understand that when more number of repairs are carried out in any new car within the short period, it disturbs and detoriates the Factory Assembled settings/built and causes all rattlings and squeaks etc. Apart from that, you will go through the pain of making the car available for the A.S.S guys, follow up with them, sometimes sit with them to explain the issues and even prove it to them that there is a problem exits spending all your valuable time and energy. It is definitely a pain in the ---.Besides you loose your peace of mind over the new car you bought. Joy of owning a FIAT becomes a pain of being a FIAT customer. Hope everyone understands my point of view.

Like many of you here, I was also once a happy customer of FIAT for 10 years atleast and the trouble started for me after I bought this GP and from the first 1000 kms onwards....For those who enjoy the good ownership experience from your GPs and Lineas, I wish the very best to you. No offences.

I didn't give up on FIAT till I go through the Clutch Issue and especially the CSC Failure and the agony there after.
  3. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

Viny sir ji good going.
  4. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    well i was wondering if somebody get into bimer or merc after riding maruthi , instead of linea he wouldnt be able to say the same rather one would never ever mention about maruthi .
    if bmw and merc is far dream then even toyota and honda have excellent drive ability.
    but when it comes to fiat we are resolving justifications.

i think world is going very competitive and our fiat sibilings are lacking so much compared to rest but we ,owners are just behind conviction .
  5. nk4FIAT

nk4FIAT Superiore

Hyderabad
    Congrates suresh for buying a car whose body is from Maruti and Heart from FIAT.
    I am dam sure you will get good sleep in night, but what about a every daytime torture when a beautiful and styilish Punto passes by you?
  6. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    +1

I did not wanted to put myself in that position. I am glad I chose what I actually needed. A Power-Feature-Packed best VFM Sedan
  7. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    +2

me too glad i bought punto 90hp, most powerful diesel hatchback in india. which have better power to wight ratio than diesal linea ::V :boxer :cool
  8. viveksonkhla

viveksonkhla Amatore

Noida, India
    NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    I respect your experience and affection with cars and I have no intention of doubting anyone's credentials. I consider myself incapable to do that.

To me your's is a one extreme case of big time fuck up that Fiat and Service Stations could have done....but is still an extreme .....and that happens with almost every car brand.....and you are free to voice your opinion across the globe let alone this forum...But I believe throwing the towel is not going to solve the problem for you or for that matter anyone.....
  9. suresh

suresh Novizio

Bangalore
    Got the extended warranty certificate from MSIL for my Swift VDi today.
    4 years and 80000 kms
    Valid till March 2015.
    Also get a couple of new dents on the passenger side front door. A two wheeler was parked on its side stand and the hand livers of the 2W/h had dug it self into the sheet metal of the door.
  10. rohitjha

rohitjha

bhopal

You must write to fiat your vehicle is under warrenty... they will listen to you

the engine of ur punto 1.2 have been used in palio for a long time so there is no question of reliability of engine , clutch etc etc..
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.