1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

ANNOYANCE GUARANTEED-A Buyer's sufferings in FIAT hands

Discussion in 'Punto 1.2 Fire' started by Kannan_Marg, Feb 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

I am not at all surprise by this. I was expecting such kind of comment very soon and on first page itself. Why Fiat and that too every time, Who cried when Honda dealer sold a second hand City to a lady and Honda denied to respond in this regard.

@Suresh - one "ANNOYANCE GUARANTEED" thread gave you good sleep at night but what about number of ownership reports with great level of satisfection and thousand of kilometers. I've done 21000 kms already that too in villages, towns, metro cities, highways and hills. I am very very much satisfy with my car. I can take it to 160 kph that too with full confidence & great handling and its capable to give 21 kpl , yes that too with a petrol.

There are lot many members, who talked to CEO & VP of FIAT in India. On top of this, if they are not able to talk you properly, they call you back to discuss about the issue and resolution. I am sure its FIAT only , whose CEO and VP calls customers with interest to resolve the issue.

Do we have anyone here who had issues with his vehicle (non Fiat) and got reesolved in this manner.

Guys TV pe ek ad aata hai "Mamma main bada to ho raha hu par badunga kab" same is here "Hum aage bad to rahe hai par bhed chal kab chhodenge".

I am not against any company and every company has its good and bads. There are lot many goods things about Fiat and some bads(of course less in number) but when we'll apply some logic to find them.
  2. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

very well said. i too think fiat has come goodies which are ahead of segments higher , and some bads which are worst than segment below.

my buying experienced put me down but when i held the steering wheel of my linea i forgot everything.

yesterday my finger got a deep cut due to some sharp plasic in my linea, it bleeded, but again i forgot about it till i drove my car home.

if fiat overcomes the quality issues in some areas it will surely outshine the competition.
  3. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Suresh, Congrats on Swift, doesnt matter its a Fiat or Swift as the engine is the same in both. However, my experience with Swift was as bad. Rattels, Engine Knock, Poor Fit and Finish, Reverse Gear issue (Krrrrrrrr), & Majorly Clutch wear out.

You search the net and you will come across similar feedback.. So I still hope you are getting Good Nights Sleep ::V
  4. Bala

Bala Esperto

kannan,shall we all form a group called annoyed team fiat india???
  5. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

Guys, I am in my village on 1st March and due to access use of music system, my Punto suffered from discharged battery. I too noticed it at around 1:00 AM. When I try to start , it failed. I immediatly got the issue and asked my 2 cousins to push the car to start it. It started easily in single shot.

Then I tried to check reliability of Fiat First. I called them , call was picked by a lady who took my car & issue details. I told them about my location. Guys, I was 20 kilometers away from Moradabad and closest TASC is in Bareilly and Meerut (110 and 120 kms respectively). I was very much sure that she will deny to help as TASC was beyond 100 kms condition.

She ask me to wait for 5 minutes. I got a call in 8 minutes and was asked the "Sir, is it really necessary at this time, if Yes, our mechanic will visit soon".

I was like :dancing . I told her, its not very much required at this time and you can look into this in morning. She said ok and confirmed that you will receive a call at 9:30 AM. I was ok with this.. (My car was started.. I did not tell her till now).

In Morning, my phone rang at 9:36 AM which was a missed call from Mumbai , followed by 3 more calls at every 5 minutes. I picked 4th one and informed them that I was able to start the car by push method.

I am really happy with RSA service.. waw I can get service in my village ... that too 24X7. let me :dance :dancing
  6. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    even i got rsa within 25-30 minutes of call . two mechanics came in safari with all there rigs..
    well again it was just battery dead as blower was running on last night. they fixed it 10minute and left.
  7. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

My friend, Fiat's new generation cars and Failure prone. But I am not at all ok with on this and hope majority of owner come with me.

Wat do you want to say about a Hyundai i10 which was filled with some in initial 50 kms only due to clutch burn completly. Hyundai denied to cover it under warrenty by saying that it happened due to driving style.

I've seen so many cars fire cases so far and 90% car from Maruti family. What do you want to say.

Buddy, people says that Hero Honda is known for miellage but my Splender + never took me beyond 50 kpl. I've tried every thing to rectify all this and after 6 months I sold that and bought Yamaha G5. Yahama was never known for mileage in India but I was able to get around 65 kpl most of the time and it was able to provide 75 + if I drive @ 40 kph. But still Hero Honda has the image of mileage achiever.

Buddy, you may be suffering from issue this does not mean that every car is failure prone. On the other hand, your problems are very much repairable then why r u getting worried. Esclate the issue and get the solution.
  8. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

If you love driving Yamaha, you should drive RX series, I bet you wont drive any other vehicle. Every drive you will enjoy :dance
  9. viveksonkhla

viveksonkhla Amatore

Noida, India
    Linea T-Jet
    Ok now that I have read all the ranting you had to do ...let me break your list of problems..

More than 60% of your visits have AC as a major reason others are just afterthoughts when you are in workshop. And that have been addressed after the AC unit is replaced.

I would like to know more about your driving style and if you had your doors opened for some after market fitments. ...as the second set of problems followed by AC are Rattling and power windows.........I understand that ECU would have been replaced under warranty.

I don't know why you are including regular service visits and repair visits in set of problems...

Now these are the problems I would worry about...and Fiat has to be taken to task for these issues.
  10. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    after observing couple of issues like these, i feel bit worried (definitely) .
    well anybody here please do help and let us know how much one should be concerned and worried...
    i am forced to believe that fiat service are almost incapable of certain issues in the car
    but i do not agree to fact that new generation fiat cars are flawed technically. (but sometimes i do feel there are some glitches when it comes to gear box ,the gear ratios are weird and gives unhealthy feeling)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.