1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

ANNOYANCE GUARANTEED-A Buyer's sufferings in FIAT hands

Discussion in 'Punto 1.2 Fire' started by Kannan_Marg, Feb 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kannan_Marg

Kannan_Marg

Chennai
    Guys, You may also want to read the thread "Problems in my GP" started by Amogh in this Forum itself. Seems to be never ending problems with GP clutch mechanism. Sooner or later most of us would end up with one or other problems in the Clutch Mechanism of GP. There could be something seriously flawed in their design. Even in my GP the Clutch Kit got replaed at 15K Service. Then the CSC failed within next 1500 kms. Here is the link.
    viewtopic.php?f=48&t=1664
    "http://teamfiat.co.in/forum/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=1664"
  2. suresh

suresh Novizio

Bangalore
    This particular fiat petrol Sienna sold so few in numbers that Fiat decided not to support the owners with after sales or spares. The car was clearly not damaged or accident ridden.
  3. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Cars costing > Rs. 5 Lacs depreciate faster (any brand). It depreciates more than 15% to 20% straight away on leaving the showroom. You can get a 2 year old hardly run Civic at Rs. 6 to 7 Lacs. More than Rs. 6 Lacs for 1-yr old Petrol Linea & Rs. 5.75 Lacs for GP Diesel is not bad & can not be thrown around in disguise of an old Siena going for scrap.
  4. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Barring few manufacturers (& models), the re-sale price trend is not encouraging when every month there is a new model coming up. My Ford Ikon in pristine condition fetched me only Rs. 97,000/- wehereas Wagon R, Santro etc gets Rs. 1.5 to 2 Lacs resale. A colleague of mine is getting only Rs. 75,000 for his 5 year old Hyundai Getz. Same manufacturer's Santro would obviously fetch more resale. If one is worried about resale, one has to choose the car accordingly. There is no point in creeping on the spilled milk later as it'll always trouble one.
  5. suresh

suresh Novizio

Bangalore
    The GP has been the largest selling car in Italy and Europe for the last 4 years.
    So what is the difference between the the European and the Indian GP ????????
  6. Chaos

Chaos Regolare

There is a big difference between the rules and regulations in India and Europe.
    In Europe there are mandatory quality and safety level which every car manufacturer must follow if he wants to sell the car.

in India the rules are old.. probably none on quality I think. and not to mention corruption.

In Europe, the law (court case) is more biased towards the consumer rather than the company if the case has weight.
    in India the case goes on for years with no end.

for this reason in Europe the plastic quality is so good that there are no sharp edges to cut yourself on.. (or else a case gets filed asking for damages) or the car just wont sell

In India most of the consumers are satisfied with Japanese Korean quality that the Europeans find it difficult to build the car within the competition.
    Europeans don't think like we do when buying a car.

In Europe the authorities also intervene if car has a defective part which proves to be a manufactures defect. This is the reason why car makers recall cars globally.. delay/hiding the fault turns into a hefty fine..
    The authorities also update their own list (including small parts) which they make public for awareness.. (eg:particular batch needing their wiper blades replaced etc.) something that the manufacturer wont make public but keep it limited to workshops to work on WHEN the car comes in.

India needs to update the entire rule book.. we are "legally" still living in the 1960's
    Hope this answer's your question.. and just doesn't go too off topic..
  7. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    That's right. I got Rs. 1.10L for my 8 year old Santro LE (base model bought for Rs. 3.18L in 2001, with 70K on odo) when I sold it and went for Punto in Aug 2009.
    I was offered Rs. 1.40L for this on the street, but since I finally gave it to a relative, there were other considerations.
  8. Kannan_Marg

Kannan_Marg

Chennai
    Well said @Chaos. :clapping That's the reason the same manufacturer who sells their cars to Europeans with utmost care and Caution, taking Indian Consumers for a ride. B'coz in their mind we are a "third world" country and they can get away with anything they sell. There should be a National Movement created by us in India to fight such unscrupulous manufacturers. Thanks for bringing this up for clarity.
  9. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Kannan- You failed to realize 1 more message embedded in Chaos' post.
    That Europeans find it extremely hard to compete with Japs offering cars that are jack of all trades and master of none. Japs/Koreans offer superlight weight chassis and cut cost on so many things.

Europeans offer better quality interiors in Europe but have to offer average(decent) interiors or cut features to keep in race with Japs/Koreans. :confused
  10. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I still don't get the quality issues thats been discussed. Recently I took my relatives Swift and the 1st thing he told me is the brakes are not good as Punto so be careful. He has been skidding all around the place once every time he drives Bangalore <-> Trivandrum. So where is the tension free mind when you don't get a safe car to travel. I think safety is more important than fit and finish. Remember, when Japanese and Korean car makers reduce the weight of the car, its done my reducing the gauge of the sheet metal, just try banging on a Fiat and try the same on a Japanese or Korean car (I am not responsible for any damages).
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.