1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

ANNOYANCE GUARANTEED-A Buyer's sufferings in FIAT hands

Discussion in 'Punto 1.2 Fire' started by Kannan_Marg, Feb 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    Coming to the issues you mentioned... Apart from Clutch Slave Cylinder and gearbox issues... the issues are either related to electrical parts or suspension...

1. Clutch Slave Cylinder was already identified by fiat as faulty in initial lot of Punto's and was replaced FOC by the dealers during First service... this even resolved the issue of Gear box noise in Punto 1.2 FIRE....
    2. For Suspension issues... I would like to know little more about your alloys and the tyres... The pic clearly shows that you updated the shoes of your ride.. As we all know FIAT warranty is valid for suspensions only if you have the OEM wheels and tyres in your car, which is not a case in your car.
    3. About the electrical wiring... you mentioned in the team-bhp advertisement that the car has Pioneer Music system, was the system and speakers installed using the sockets or wires were tampered for that job... If the wires were tampered then I am suspecting the guy who fitted it might have done something wrong and that could have resulted in Power Window and other issues...

I agree that the other issues that you have faced really hurt an owner but to me rest appear to have caused due to mishandling of the vehicle...
    Since you own so many cars as mentioned in TeamBhp, was this car by any chance driven by any of the drivers on regular basis...

I am saying all this because i drive a 1.2 Punto and has completed 22000+ kms in the ODO and i know many of the 1.2 owners who cannot be more happy than they are now... Ya since it is a petrol car and gives mileage of 12-13, it is little heavy on pockets, but then almost all petrol 1.2 cars give mileage in same range in city traffic

Mods Note: I don't want to hurt any feelings but was just a little too much furious to know what is the actual story here...
  2. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    Buddy even the owner name is same at TFI and Team BHP...
  3. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP

me too have similar kind of feelings. but somebody said i was bit aggressive.anyway

i would say our car is not so perfect one and there are couple inherent niggles which anybody can come across but they are not a huge reason to worry.

i have done 7500km till now and there is nothing i must say nothing came out from my car which made me feel bad or disappointed yet.hope it does go trouble free for rest of its journey. there was some sqeaks and queeks initially but they were taken care at first service they said it some loose cables and such things inside the dash. iam getting at least 17 kmpl in city andhw mix driving and 21+ in hw only driving with 70percent ac..what else would bring smile on an owners face if such things are offered from a present day car. :car
  4. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    I kept reading this thread since the start.

I want to conclude, if sienna at 54K run is sold at scrape yard then it would have met with a serious accident. OT, I know, on this earth any car any make can be serviced !! only glitch it might take time :evilsmile

Just hoping that Prerana motors re-opens its servicing for Fiat cars @ OMR branch.

Thanks
    Vasu
  5. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    Re: Re: ANNOYANCE GUARANTEED-A Buyer's sufferings in FIAT ha

I just don't digest why people would do these things..... and there goes the good night sleep :D

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
  6. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    :mischievous Wonder how much the quoted price will come down after reading this thread. :confused1
    Yeah right! Now I can sleep peacefully ::V
  7. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    well i do not want cars like punto and linea to be out of india and we indians getting allured saying "ahh look at those cars in europe" .

but feeling sorry for indian masses who are just running to make both ends meet. and those people would not be much interested in styling ,handelling,built quality and et al. what they look for is cheap to maintain and resale value; a kind of technical insurance.

i am not much interested in sports car or limosine....no way i am bit of eco friendly guy and i definitly do respect that.

i just love small hatchback which has a proven engine ,great looks,well built ,good handelling,and good fuel efficiency. and which car in india meets these criteria apprecialbly !!

when it comes to thought of resale value i remember what my wife said when i asked her opinion "i would not prefer 1bhk flat in middle city but i will ask you to get me a villa in some calm and quite part of india for same money"
    so i had a good night sleep since then.
  8. Kannan_Marg

Kannan_Marg

Chennai
    All Sherlog Homes of TFI who has deducted that this car is listed in Team-BHP classifieds, did fail to notice the date of posting the ad. Please find below the extract from Team BHP classified Page. I still left the ad intact for you guys to have a look.

2009 Fiat Punto
    Km: 16000
    Fuel type: Petrol
    Color: Red/Maroon
    Posted on: 20-10-2010

The date of posting was a week before the car broke due to CSC problem and subsequent mail communications I had with Fiat India and Italy. The car broke on the night of 27 Oct 2010, and I had to rely upon an Independent Garage even to recover it from the brakedown spot and keep it in a safe place till the A.S.S guys took charge of it, the next day. I had written the entire feedback in this Forum only after exhausting all my options with Fiat for the past four months as an Individual customer with my email communications running into 34 Pages. Please do not jump into conclusions.
    I want you guys to appreciate the fact that, I was also a Fiat Fanatic for a decade till my bad experience with this New Gen Fiat. I presume that, unless otherwise the other Fiat Owners/Forum members go through the pain I am going through, they would not be able appreciate my position.
    I suppose this Forum is meant to be a place for both good and not so good feedback to be expressed so that every stake holder is benefitted. It hurts when I fail to understand the reason behind some of the members blindly supporting the manufacturer and do not tolerate the negative feedback irrespective of the facts. I am sorry guys, if this the kind of attitude that majority of this forum members have then only I should be blamed for parking myself into a wrong place. Thanks for your understanding..

Moderators, if you feel yourself appropriate, you may even go ahead and delete this thread for the benefit of the good samaritans of blind Supporters.
  9. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    hey kannan/marg!!

we are all not from or on manufacturer side(correct me if iam wrong anybody)
    the statement like these

"
    point to fact that all of us fiat owners hare suffering with new generation fiat cars.which is bit difficult thing
    btw
    this community /forum is built to support each other .

what i request is bit more softness . your words are too harsh and showing that we all members are a part of one team and you are all alone out there .
    no car is flawless or perfect. and there always has been some or other kind of issues in a machine from a batch . unfortunately it was yours..feeling sorry for it.
    what i suggest you is be little bit patient and let us all try to help you out as much as we can do.(though i have no clue what to do but thee are other members whom does)
  10. Kannan_Marg

Kannan_Marg

Chennai
    @shashanknathani, I think you should wake up to the fact that, potentially the car occupant's life is in danger when a key part of the hydraulic clutch operating system fails and the hydraulic fluid gets drained out, on top of it the same fluid reservior is feeding for the functioning of Car's braking system too. Just b'coz the part gets replaced at F.O.C it does absolve the fear of failure and the consecutive damages. To add, the fact is that Fiat Claims to be factory fiited my car with an improved CSC (my car was not in their recall list) and even that one is failed at 16,400 kms.

If one has to go by your arguments about the Alloys and better tyres, atleast half of the New Gen Fiat cars sold in India would go out of their warranties immediately. Anyways, the main issue here is the failure prone nature of this new gen cars which doesn't live up to their own earlier Fiat Standards.

The music system and speakers are fitted only with the OEM's provisions made in the car as a prewired arrangement. Don't forget the fact that the Fiat buyers are fairly knowledgeble ones about the sentivity of their cars.

The entire 16K+kms in one year's time is driven by me only as I don't allow others to drive my car except the i10 Auto (and now the Fiat Siena) which my family members drive and we do not employ any drivers ever. This comment of mishandling appears to be typical of Fiat's arguments like in Moghali Consumer's Forum case.

I have no complaints about the Fuel Efficiency of the car as we all know about it. Goodluck to you with your Fiat.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.