1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

ANNOYANCE GUARANTEED-A Buyer's sufferings in FIAT hands

Discussion in 'Punto 1.2 Fire' started by Kannan_Marg, Feb 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    I am a die hard fiat lover. Booked my FIAT after experiencing the pathetic service by TASS for my FIAT Palio. I completely understand the that it is not the car to blame for but the TASS and FIAT administration. I could swear anywhere that my Palio (only palio could do that) saved me from couple of accidents without any scratch due to its sturdiness. The ambassador who hit my palio got damaged the most. However, if FIAT wish to sell its car in india and capture the market it needs to do more. We could only lift the flag so much, it is upto FIAT to produce quality product and sell them. I truly envy other brands when they flash their advertisements in newspaper and tv commercials. Couple of examples like - Ford advertising that voice recognition is first in its class in Fiesta. On the contrary it is available in Punto and Linea 3 years back. Is someone noticing that?. Secondly, when I enquired how the speed sensing wipers work in Punto, everyone in the TASS asked me what is that. They do not even know where the rear ac foot level vent is located in Punto. They told me that it does not. I told them that I will gift them a list and explain to them the features available in PUnto when I take the delivery of my Car. Couple of days back I convinced my brothers friend to test drive a 1.4 Punto, he agreed. When I checked with the dealer they promised to bring the vehicle but no car came. When i checked again today, they are giving lame excuses. Dont they have targets to sell? This is the present state. I went to the recently helded automotive exhibition and checked the stalls. Interesting to find FIAT has taken no stalls at all. I really wondered whether FIAT intend to sell its cars here? Are they happy producing engines for other cars and sell theirs to only who approach them and ask for one? These have been blotches in my happy association my FIAT Cars. BTW - I am taking delivery of my new punto 90 HP this thursday.
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2011
  2. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Srini you wont feel sorry for the decision you made. You will love each day with your car.Known Issues that may arise are link rod sound & A/C 'O' ring. There has been a lot of complaints arising from Chennai TASS it seems. I personally feel that it could be because of the volume of cars (mainly Tata) they are dealing with. One good news what I heard was the next Fiat cafe or maybe a separate service centre is more likely to open in Chennai.
  3. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    Thanks for the assurance Cinju. I perfectly understand that. What I wanted to express is that everyone FIAT users love their cars. They could love none after they drive this beauty. However, FIAT India does not seems to be listening to their pleas.
  4. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Most TATA dealers have one target. Screw up FIAT sales in India and boost TATA car sales as much as possible. There are exceptions though.
    Asking TATA to take care of the sales and service may be one of the biggest blunders FIAT commited in their second coming. Better still would have been to tie up with local workshops/mechanics and train them to handle FIAT cars, like what maruti has done in remote areas. FIAT has to train the TATA mechanics anyway.
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Mods Note - Please let this thread for Kannan's issue.
    All other Off topic posts will be deleted from now.
  6. Kannan_Marg

Kannan_Marg

Chennai
    Status Update

Released the notice for court appearance in Local Newspaper (as there was no response for the direct summons issued by the court) :(. Hearing posted for next week.
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2012
  7. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    What does this mean? Wasnt there any lawyer or reply from fiat on this legal notice?
  8. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    They might have denied to accept notice. It's a general tendancy of people who avoid to appear for any legal trial.As I am Govt. officer , I also experinece this while giving any decision while passing any order under any section by power vasted to me of Maharashtra Co-op.Societies Act 1960.
  9. Anish_A

Anish_A

Bangalore
    @ Kannan_Marg

Please let us know the proceeding on this case.

For sure this shouldn't be left @ ease. It's hard earned money............even if one product or part is a failure in the product then FIAT needs to answer.

It us the consumer which who buys the car and markets it to the next buyer ............each consumer is a direct advertisement for FIAT or any manufacture.
    Fiat should answer the consumer call.

Anish
  10. Kannan_Marg

Kannan_Marg

Chennai
    Hearty thanks to all who viewed this thread and contributed with replies

Sure Anish and thanks for understanding the pain and heart-burn of a fellow Fiat enthusiast:). I still have my love for Fiat but for this sub standard product quality (being a Fiat Lover unable to accept or compromise sub std quality) and callous attitude of both partners of the JV. I took this Legal path after 6 months of direct communication (runs to 35 pages) with both Fiat India & Italy and even refused to take delivery of the car from their A.S.C for about 4 months+ time, before deciding to go the Legal Way.

Quite a few forum members like you have been supportive of my cause :up while many members have been viewing with suspicion and were liberal in throwing brickbats at me:(.

Also it would be crime on my part if I fail to acknowledge the overwhelming response to this thread in terms of most viewership and replies under Grande Punto> Punto 1.2 FIRE forum :wow:clap
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2012
    2 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.