1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

ANNOYANCE GUARANTEED-A Buyer's sufferings in FIAT hands

Discussion in 'Punto 1.2 Fire' started by Kannan_Marg, Feb 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kannan_Marg

Kannan_Marg

Chennai
    Update: The Consumer Court Hearing is now posted to First Week of October as 2nd Sep 2011 was a holiday on account of Ganesh Chathurti.
  2. sashank82

sashank82

Gurgaon
    Kannan...Truly understand your frustration!

However, the problem does not seem to be the FIAT actually, it is the service provider (i have a strong feeling....was it VST Motors?).

I have extisively driven all the cars discussed here - my Dad owned - Amby, PAL (deluxe BE), Premier 118 NE, M800, Wagon R, Swift and now drives an Ikon. On the other hand i have always been a Hyundai loyalist - Santro, i10 and now the Punto 1.4.

We all know how Amby & Premiers were serviced - at home by our trusted mechanic. They were even routinely painted and engines ripped apart fro repairs at our drive-way; so they are out of discussion.

Coming to so-called new age cars -it was unfortunately - always me who used to visit the service centres since 1992 while Dad would take the bike to work. Marutis were reliable as a log (also drive like one). I always had to put up with long queues (none of the staff ever even bothered to smile at me in all these years) and was at the service centre every 3-4 months. Most often than not the car would not be delivered at the assured time (earlier 2 days for a regular service and nowadays late in the evenings)

Hyundai is - in my opinion- much more reliable than Maruti and the service staff give you a smile and honour appointments (agreed they deal with half the number of cars Vs Maruti's) and have good waiting lounges and the staff is very courtious.

All the said cars (obviously) developed snags at sompoint or the other and needed to be fixed - we did. Maruti's are reliable but we are always short-changed - the Swift has a smaller spare on ZXI (a 13" rim Vs. 14" alloys on the other 4) - can you beat that? Hyundai's are slightly (about 8-10% dearer than Maruti's) but the service levels and products are much better - the swift will develop rattles and squeks at 30,000 KMS - i have sold it already, i retained the i 10 - it has done 40,000 KMS - and there is not a rattle even today!

I bought the car in Chennai - the rear parcel tray was ripped - a defect VST blamed as a defect but assured to fix it in first service, i took the plunge and have visited the sevice centre 4 times:

1) First free service - Chennai - VST - despite knowing the Manager etc there the experience was chaotic - money spent - Rs. 0 (parcel tray not fixed)
    2) First paid service - Gurgaon - ABS - i knew nobody here - experience -fantastic - money spent- Rs. 7 K - had to pay for a flicked logo and rear viper (parcel tray fixed @ Rs.0)
    3) Clutch rod collapsed (thanks to the plastic sleeve - VST was supposed to fix it in the first service..!) - Gurgaon-ABS - Lovely FIAT road-side assistance - extreemely courtious - money spent - Rs. 0 and they gave me 5 litres of petrol free
    4) Insurance claim to replace alloy and tyre - i managed to bust it when i hit a huge pothole at 130 KMPH near Jaipur - Money spent (50% of tyre & 10% of alloy) Rs. 130 - for tyre valve - experience - fantastic.

ABS motors has relly treated me well and thanks to FIAT - i survived - the stock Good Year GT3 (195*60 R15) are a class apart (compare that to a JK tyre Swift gives - seriously sad)...my Father in law had a shattered wind-shield on his Maruti alto when he dropped his car @70 KMPH in a poth-hole!.

It is in niches that manufactureres survive - most f us define value by compare the feature list, seldom do we take a 30 KM test drive, look at the tyre the manufacturer gives, the sound system and looks - thats why Marutis (except swift here) sell. And we Indians are given cars that were phased out in Japan a decade ago!

No guesses, my next car WILL BE A FIAT, a Linea TJet or a Bravo!
  3. Deepak R

Deepak R Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Well said viny. !!!! :)
  4. @Suresh:
    Congrats on the Swift!!
    I am just thinking what you would have to say about your sleep after you read this http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/108814-new-maruti-swift-zdi-stalled-thrice-within-30-days.html :)
    No offence meant (I also own a Swift and am booking a FIAT GP!!), but I just wanted to mention that:
    1. We at TFI are Fiat enthusiasts but aren't blind. We know about the issues faced by Fiat owners and the forum members really do support each other when someone's car has an issue.
    2. We definitely acknowledge good things about other cars/manufacturers but at the same time what's what in Fiat

I am not trying to say Fiat is the best or MSIL is the best. I am trying to make a point that evrything depends upon how one perceives a brand/car.
    Hope my words are taken with an open mind and mods please feel free to delete this post if this is off-topic.

Thanks,
  5. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    This Picture ,I have come across in another forum and it clearly speaks how Fiat would be perceived when somebody follows him.

Fiat Punto.jpg
  6. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    This is like putting a board "Welcome to Hell" in front of his home! If Punto is hell, why should s/he use it in the first place? What can s/he sell it off?
  7. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    This is not original. Someone has does some editing to make the pic look like this. Some fellow who hates FIAT might have put it..
  8. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I second that.
    But we cannot overlook frustration of couple of owners in areas where the Ass and spare part availability is worst.especially north and eastern part of India
  9. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    True Jayadev, but I am sure no one would dare to do it in their own car even if they are not planning to use it. It is like putting a poster in your house saying that "This is the worst house build with my money". They can surely do PS things like this. I have only one wish now (sorry for being rude), may this person who has written this get even worse experience with other cars he has or he may buy :hit
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2011
  10. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Agreed to Cinju....
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.