1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

ANGELS IN DISGUSIE

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Navneet, Nov 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Navneet

Navneet Amatore

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Linea T-Jet
    ANGELS IN DISGUSIE</SPAN>

Dear all Fiat Lovers,</SPAN>

My name is Navneet Haldankar, an I am a proud FIATIAN with two lovely angels of mine from Mumbai. Fiat Palio 1.2 ELX, 89K km 2003, Silver Angel and Linea TJet+, 8Kkm, 2012 , Golden Angel.

FIAT love bug had bite me 6 years back. I had just finish two years of my job life and was very eager to get on with wheels.. Fiat Palio was “Love at First Sight” for me. I knew service was bad I knew they are endangered species. But these cars were awesome in everything.</SPAN>
    Palio Stile at that time was out of budget for me, so went for nicely maintained Palio 1.2ELX. It took me almost a year to find a good Palio of 2003, 41K km driven. She became my Silver Angel and the adventure began. So far I have driven her 89K km and she is still my best sweetheart. She has been mainly driven as a Rally Car , and still she hasn’t ever let me down. Silver angel is strong and every bit of Italian DNA of Car handling is mind blowing. She can freely rev in 2[SUP]nd</SPAN>[/SUP] gear to touch 80kmph. Have safely hit her to 163 on Mumbai-Pune expressway few years back. But yet she is as graceful as her look seems. </SPAN>

Slowly along with her, I started to see the new girl in town. “Linea”. She became the new heart beat for me, and always use to go in hang mode when I use to see her. Till the time came when I saved much for the Hot beauty, TJet+, they became out of production. And my hunt for Linea TJet+ started. Wasan Chembur, (in Bombay) was very close to me, I have test driven their Linea almost every month in 2012. The guys at WASAN had almost became tired of me and were knowing I just came there for time pass.</SPAN>

So finally my patience gave me the fruits. The LINEA TJet+ which I use to drool every weekend and had test driven endless times was up for sale. Sunbeam Biege with 16inch alloy, all four disk break and a “Turbo”, use to make her stand apart from all others…</SPAN>

So finally my dad brought her this Feb (2013). She was only driven 2K km and at very good bargain price it was VFM. She became our Golden Angel. </SPAN>

And so my love for FIAT just kept on growing with these two lovely ladies.. Both the ladies have great graceful handling which very smoothing in turns and very sharpy in overtakes. The engines of both FIAT are unlike any addictive thing that you can get addicted to. You just cant stop them from running. The only thing which let both this car go slow is you. They are two fast to be handle. Both cars can take the turns on 100/120 , (TJet+ had did on 140) on Mumbai Pune Expressway. This are not cars, they became extension of the driver and his heart. I can go gaga over both of them endlessly…</SPAN>

But every sweet story has a sad part in it. </SPAN>

- - - Merged Post - - -

7 July 2013, was a changing part for me. I was driving my Linea TJet+ from Nashik to Mumbai alone. Was at steady speed of 80 or 90, and was somewhere near entrance of Shahapur (9 km before). And suddenly saw bunch of cows grazing in middle of road (on the other side of the road) on a sharp left side bend. As I was slow and they were bit far, I thought I could passed them by speeding away from them fast. So push the pedal, my car didn’t gave pickup. </SPAN>

(Tjet+ had been bitten by rat in previous week, and cause of this she was not speeding more than 100Kmph for couple of days before. I couldn’t take her to workshop cause of personal problem and had to take her to Nashik cause of emergency.)</SPAN>

So finall moved the car towards left side as much as possible, and suddenly on cow ran towards me. In three second disaster stuck. I had hit a cow, went to save her and moved the car out of the road. My angel went off the road and she crushed big 2 foots stones on her own. The sight of 2 foots stones and grabel off the track, made me feel as if it’s the last of me. But she survived me. She brokes those stone completely and kept me safe. In 3 sec all of this was over.</SPAN>

I got out of car and was not able to see the sight of my angel. Completely broken from bottom and front right side. Was almost thrown 10 meters away from the road. The cow was somehow alive but with a broken leg. And my angel was completely damage from bottom and front. The big stones which I saw seconds ago were not there anymore. The landmark had became a road, as if JCB had made the road just now. </SPAN>

With the help of some friends brought her immediately to Balaji and kept in mind to save this angel who has saved my life. </SPAN>

Many people told me to opt for Total Loss , but I wanted to save her. So finally the SA and insurance guys told me that I have to pay hefty bill. With all the emtions attached I gave the go ahead for repair.</SPAN>

And then night-mare began. </SPAN>

It has been 5 months now and she is still at Balaji Thane. The car which saved my life is struggling there. Neither Balaji nor FIAT is helping me in this. She has been fitted, but her Engine (TJet+) has not been correctly assembled. Head assembly was replaced along with complete front, but the car is not giving pick up at-all. As if she doesn’t has turbo in it. The Engine and breaks are weaker than my Palio. Few of the body parts are also missing like Engine Black cover Bonnet damping. I have no clue what is wrong with her and the service station. For past two months me and my dad are keeping following up with Balaji and FIAT, but none of them are giving proper response. </SPAN>

Every time they say some other issue is cropping up and engine is leaking oil here and there. We have even paid our liability amount. Almost 1.5 Lacs last month itself. </SPAN>

I have even told the many other issues which I found out, but getting vague response in return. Finally thought of posting this issue in this forum for any help.. Lets see what comes up this week.</SPAN>
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2013
  2. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Welcome to TFi Navneet.

Sorry to hear about your jet. But thank god you are safe. Fiat makes tanks real strong tanks.

But why Fiat is not giving any response, I'm wondering.
  3. Sorry ti hear about your car. Did you write to Mangesh about this issue?
  4. dhaya76

dhaya76 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Welcome to TFI Navneet. It is definitely a terrible accident. Thank god you are not hurt. Won't it be useful if you can visit the plant (I believe it is in Pune) itself and have a chat with the senior executives and see what else can be done to get your angel back.
  5. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Navneet,

Sad to know about the accident and glad to know that you have come out of unscathed. Truly the build quality of Fiat is amazing.

Regarding the no response attitude by Balaji Motors, You should take it up with the Fiat people and top managment of Balaji. Below are the few e-mail ids where you can drop a mail. Write of Fiat FB page too.
    crm.fiat2012 at gmail.com (Sanjoti Patil - Balaji Fiat - Workshop Manager)
    mangesh.kodalkar at fiat.com (Mangesh Kodalkar - +91 2138 672764)
    ktjangir at yahoo.com (Balaji MD - Kirti Jangid)
    joelpaul36 at yahoo.com (Balaji GM - Joe Paul)
    service.India at fiat.com

I hope they seriously understand your attachment to the car and repair it ASAP.

Note : Please do not use "@" while writing e-mail ID's since it helps spammers. Please use at
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  6. Please replace @ with "at" so that they don't get spammed.
    1 person likes this.
  7. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    The introduction thread is for INTRODUCTION only and not writing reviews / issues.

Please start a new thread in the appropriate section.

Thanks!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.