1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Android Touch Screen for my Fiat Linea Emotion 2011

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by rajesh karia, Aug 10, 2016.

1. rajesh karia

rajesh karia Amatore

Mumbai
    So my Linea completed 5 years & 30K Kms & is still good to go for another 2-3 years. I was looking for a upgrade for the ICE & after going through the many threads found that a lot of guys had installed the windows version of Touchscreen. After a little bit of research & digging on aliexpress I came across a few sellers who were selling the Android touch screen specifically for the older models of Fiat Punto & Linea from 2008 to 2012. On one of the Sellers feedback section i saw 2 Indian guys giving positive feedback with pictures of Installation & hence decided to take the plunge. I have written a small review of the same on the seller's product page. The installation is pretty much plug & play, a virtual straight jacket fit into the stereo slot of the older unit. I have also installed a reverse camera with parking sensors. Check out the links below.

Total Damage Rs.29850/-

Main Unit: USD 345/-$ (Incl Fedex Shipping) Approx Rs.23500/-
    Customs Duty & Fedex Customs handling charge was Rs. 3350/-(Asked the seller to show the value of the shipment to USD$ 100/- to avoid paying more duty)
    Reverse Parking from Paytm Rs.2000/-
    Technician charges for fitting Rs.1000/-

Aliexpress : http://www.aliexpress.com/item/6-5-...579672434.html?spm=2114.13010608.0.113.aCMPer

Aliexpress Review: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/6-5-...579672434.html?spm=2114.13010608.0.113.aCMPer

Paytm: https://paytm.com/shop/p/alria-2in1...rview-camera-AUTALRIA-2IN1-CALRI3152672C7BC97
    pra.agar, Murphy_Fiat and Vishi like this.
  2. Vishi

Vishi Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks for sharing this info. It will surely help a lot of people if we are planning to go for it. Couple of questions
    1. Can we still use the steering mounted controls
    2. Does Google maps work? Does this unit have GPS and Wifi devices?
  3. rajesh karia

rajesh karia Amatore

Mumbai
    1) Mine does't have the steering mount controls, but for those who have, it should work as per the seller's "Item Specification". The same unit is been sold by diff sellers & if you check the feedback section you will find your answer.
    2) It has a full fledged GPS & wifi antenna. Since it is an android system, i connected it to my mobile hotspot & downloaded Google Maps app from the playstore. Goodle maps works like a charm with voice navigation. The seller has preloaded iGO maps on the SD card which was working but haven't tested it hands-down.
  4. rajesh karia

rajesh karia Amatore

Mumbai
    I 3639a551b893e628dca79b268dea7c4c.jpg f5d2f3d722eb29141260c185a1a24316.jpg

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk
    pra.agar, Murphy_Fiat and PradeepM like this.
  5. pra.agar

pra.agar Regolare

Bangalore
    1) Can this be installed in Grande Punto Dynamic, Jan 2014 model. It came with Delphi ICE, with no Steering control or B&M?

2) What I understood from the site is, it's not Android Auto, but the Android 4.4.4 smart device OS? Can it be upgraded?

3) How is the Bluetooth calling feature?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  6. rajesh karia

rajesh karia Amatore

Mumbai
    For me the seller clearly mentioned for older models from 2008-2012, but if you search there are many units that will fit your criteria.

Yes it's not Android Auto, you can say it's a hybrid phablet docked on the car stereo hardware, but it does all the basic jobs pretty well. I can't comment about the Android updates will have to check.

Bluetooth calling feature is great, once you pair it's auto connect, have to check the phone book feature though. Bluetooth music mirroring is a revelation, it works flawlessly & throws out some great sound detailing, better than the stock unit.

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk
    pra.agar likes this.
  7. Vishi

Vishi Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    @rajesh karia

How is the system performance after months? I am planning to buy the same.
    Wanted to know what all are the accessories you got with the unit?
  8. rajesh karia

rajesh karia Amatore

Mumbai
    Working flawlessly so far. The pairing with my S7edge is instantaneous. Bluetooth music mirroring from mobile is fantastic, no need of Aux cable. The only thing I am unable to do is sync my mobile contacts with the HU, I don't know of it isn't working or I can't figure it out, else all BT calling features work great. Imo don't buy the DVD unit if it's optional, really no use for that, my is sitting ideal.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  9. Vishi

Vishi Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    @rajesh karia

Thanks Rajesh. How about the restart time of the unit. Does it take too long to restart when you switch off and turn on the car?
  10. rajesh karia

rajesh karia Amatore

Mumbai
    Well it's almost an Android tablet with a stereo interface, it takes 15-20 secs to boot up but nothing irritating.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk