1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Android Thread

Discussion in 'Gadgets / Electronics / Laptops' started by royj, Sep 29, 2010.

1. i have the HTC wildfire running 2.2(froyo).will be rooting it soon to put the ginger bread(2.3)
  2. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    I am on BBery since 5 years now..owned several models - I know biz mails are on BB only.. But anyday my heart will beat for a Android Phone as well Apple.

+ Great Business Phone, insomnia because i operate in a 24x7 environment and this habit of checking mails every other second..now i am nomophobe
    - I dislike BBery due to the fact that once you load the phone with apps and snaps, it slows down a lot (as mentioned by PS Bhai Turbo Lag)

+ Apple I dont own, but heard great reviews - i have seen iPod Touch, hence I know how it behaves (Fantastic)..
    - only deterrent is the cost, had if they launched some models between 12-15k the market would have flooded and other brands would be in waiting list...

Steve Jobs didnt listen to me and you know he is not in Job anymore ;) !!

Samsung - My brother, my friend & Dad has it - Waste of time to discuss the brand
    I do own Samsung Fridge and Washing machine and I am happy with it and will restrict to the same

LG - Mom owns it, my present and i will like to send it back to Korea if given a chance.
    I do own a LG Microwave and happy about it

Sony - I owned several models and my fav till date is W800

HTC - I used Windows based HTC, liked it, but at that time it was bulky and as mentioned in earlier posts, finding keypad during IVR calls is bit annoying
    I will buy recent version for sure.

Asus & Motorola - I will go for this phone in Android

Nokia - I like and dislike, hence neutral i had 6600, 6100 and so many other series...

As I used to be in UK, had 3-4 mobile connections which used to give free upgrades every year...hence my knowledge...

Next Buy : Android, which brand? pls help my budget will be 10-15k
    Last edited: May 21, 2011
  3. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    My dad have Sony K300, Nokia 6600,
    Mom having LG
    Wife is having Sony W595
    I am having Sony K800 Cybershot
    Will switch to Vivaz U5i
  4. cubbie i listed some phone a few posts before.
    except for that nokia llaother run on android.
    check them

tony
    sir the phone you want is at the end of its cycle.
    there in no meaning buying a phone which is 2 -3 years old when so may new models are coming every day.
    why not wait for a little more time and buy xperia neo
    it looks the same like vivaz plus better camera plus android
    or get n8 for that perfect camera phone like me
  5. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    anybody successfully rooted lg optimus one????
  6. Shivam

Shivam Amatore

Ludhiana
    confused between samsung galaxy ace,motorola quench xt5 and motorola defy can anyone help in chosing the best one.Read some reviews of galaxy ace some say its battery back up is not good but i like its looks bit similiar to iphone about other two don't know much.Can someone help..................................also any other phones in 10-15k range preferabilly android.
  7. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Thanks for the advice ,will go for Xperia,,,,,,,,
  8. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    i just got the Dell XCD35 yesterday and got a 2.2 upgrade on it. amazing phone for the given price. best screen. 400X800 pixels
  9. oops is forgot about these computer phones.
    acer and dell
    dell xcd 35 and xcd 28
    acer has quite a few models in the given price range.

shivam
    galaxy ace battery sucks big time. my friend is already suffering from that problem. every 6-8 hrs even if you did not use the phone battery goes down. all android phones drain battery but this is in a different league altogether.

dell xcd 35 is a good phone for its price. its battery is just below normal or almost normal. has killer looks. enough memory and cpu clock for regular usage and little games. not for heavy multi tasking thogh. phone feels sturdy even. it does not have a flash for its camera.
  10. Shivam

Shivam Amatore

Ludhiana
    thanks srikaratluri,i did not saw dell i had initialy made my mind with galaxy ace because of features it has to offer at the price but yeah battery back up can be problem.What about motorola defy or xt5 are they good?