1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Android Thread

Discussion in 'Gadgets / Electronics / Laptops' started by royj, Sep 29, 2010.

1. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    Re: Re: Android Thread

I waited for the OTA.

Don't know if samsung tab or galaxy s have got it OTA but you can surely check for online manual update.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
  2. I recently bought Samsung Galaxy POP S5570. It's pretty basic android phone with froyo the usual Wifi/GPS etc. 3MP camera. I wanted a cheap android with enough features and this one was great. Not too good resolution or screen size but at MRP of 9000 i can't complain.

@clevermax did you try Launcher Pro ? I installed it and looks great, trying ADW and GO now.
  3. gautamkhadse

gautamkhadse Regolare

Pune
    Just cuz u guys are trying launchers I would suggest try a launcher called Launcher 7 . Would completely transform your phone into a windows 7 phone look alike . Fun for a few days after which you kinda start sympathizing with Window7 phone users
  4. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    lg optimus one p500 with froyo

some apps i use.

gmote
    call filter
    goggles
    cardiograph
    wifi manager
    google translate
    hp print
    colornote
    lgcamera
    appkik
    appswipe
    basketballtrow...etc
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2011
  5. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    I changed my galaxy spica to galaxy I5510 running froyo. Again the cheapest android with a full qwerty key pad. Useful when typing long emails. Compared to Nokia E72 and BlackBerry keypads, this keypad isn't that great or fast, but at 10.4K that too on 3 interest free EMI I am not complaining. ;)

Yeah I was wondering why one would want the Android to look like WP7. Its like buying a Linea and making it look like dZire :p
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2011
  6. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    That made me chuckle - Forgot that I was in office.

Guys - Need some help. I'm planning to move on from the iPhone platform to Android. I've been on the iOS platform for good 18 months and love it's simple UI and smooth experience it offers. I also love the integration with iTunes (Agreed it's bloatware, But keeps all my apps, movies, photos, songs synced). I'm going to get the Galaxy S2 or HTC Sensation once it's launched. Why I'm planning to move out it I'm bored with iOS and would like to get my hands dirty and also Vodafone charges hefty for using data plans on iPhone. So has anyone of you guys migrated from iOS to Android, How do you handle the iTunes stuff. With my limited experience on Android I found that it's not as slick as iOS (Galaxy Tab, HTC Desire HD & Galaxy SLCD). Is it entirely true or the pieces I've handled isn't good. I've also used HTC HD2 and loved the hardware along with the HTC Sense UI. So I wouldn't mind a HTC Product along with Sense.
  7. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    44696793.png
    I wish 3G unlimited was cheap :D
  8. Shivam

Shivam Amatore

Ludhiana
    What are The good options available within 10k-15k of an android based phone may be samsung or htc the os should be latest?
  9. Shivam

Shivam Amatore

Ludhiana
    Your comments and replies are eagerly awaited guys
  10. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    The Options coming to my mind are Samsung Galaxy Ace, LG Optimus One & HTC Wildfire. But none of this would have the latest version of Android on them. Galaxy Ace has very good specs and it costs a bit lower than 15K.