1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Android Thread

Discussion in 'Gadgets / Electronics / Laptops' started by royj, Sep 29, 2010.

1. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    I am not sure of the ampere rating of the charger, I have both wall charger and car charger for Spica as well as a USB data cable that can be used with the Car USB output like yours for charging.
    But if the device draws more current, then the fuse should blow first, before any IC does right? :confused1
    I had my power socket fuse blown once, had my FM transmitter and DVR drawing power at that time. ::pP Not sure what caused it, but after replacing the fuse, I have connected both Nokia charger or Samsung charger along with the FM transmitter and DVR and not faced any issues so far.
  2. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    How much did you paid for it ?
    I got the same from ebay :mrgreen:
  3. Viny

Viny Esperto

Android can play music over bluetooth, but it doesnt work with Blue&Me, as blue&me detects it as phone and not as a media streaming device.
    Also i am not sure if blue and me supports media over bluetooth or not.
  4. I paid Rs 149/- How much was yours?
  5. Viny

Viny Esperto

I paid $1.04 :)
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2014
  6. Some USB car charging observations

I wanted to see whether the 700mA rated car charger can safely charge the phone. After some research direct observations of the charging in car, here are some details.

As you know, two charging modes are there for the phone
    i) Charging through wall socket
    ii) USB Charging - while connected to a PC

Which category will the car charger fall? Here's an explanation:

1) How does the phone recognize whether it is USB port or wall socket? (Because both are connected to the phone using the same cable)

Answer: The data lines. If they are shorted, then the phone will assume that it is connected to a wall socket. If they aren't shorted, it will assume that it is connected to a USB port.

2) What is the difference?

Answer: The charging current. With wall socket charging, the phone will try to draw a higher charging current (~1A) but in USB mode, it will just take about 500mA.

3) What mode is it when you connect to USB charger in car?

Answer: USB mode. Why? The data lines are not shorted. You can easily note this because the phone will issue a prompt saying that it is connected to USB port.

Issue: Slow charging. with 500mA charging current, phone will only get charged if it is left in standby mode. If you try to use GPS/Navigation or any other heavy application, the phone will not charge but battery won't get drained either. (My observation - I drove around 20 minutes with charging on and also GPS/Navigation. The battery went down from 43% to just 42% in that 20 minutes. Had I not put the phone under charge, it would have drained it to 30% or may be even less.)

4) What's wrong if I short the data lines in the USB car charger?

Answer: Don't try that if the charger cannot deliver the required current for normal charging. In my case, the charger is rated 700mA, and the phone needs more than that in normal charging mode. So eventually, the charger will get heated up due to overload and may blow. I understand that HTC has over voltage protection, otherwise the phone also may get damaged due to the possibility of getting exposed to 12V directly through a blown regulator IC.

So, my 700mA USB car charger won't be able to charge the phone with GPS & Navigation on but it will just keep the battery from discharging rapidly.
  7. Viny

Viny Esperto

Thats interesting piece of details, thanks for sharing. For me I am getting my mobile charged as well as GPS working fine. I used blue and me USB pin for charging. Will test with new Car USB charger.
  8. My experience with launchers so far:

1) HTC Sense drains battery
    2) ADW launcher is so far the best in terms of UI and battery life
    3) Go Launcher was more stylish but it also drains battery
    4) Zeam launcher was installed, but didn't use it because it is much like Adw.

So this is how my Home screen looks like now
    [attachment=0:1abentkm]Desire-Brown_Front_s.jpg[/attachment:1abentkm]

Desire-Brown_Front_s.jpg
  9. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    Have upgraded to gingerbread 2.3.3

Noticeable improvement in battery life.

Like the other little cosmetic changes too... Overall I m happy with the upgrade.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
  10. Grandeur

Grandeur Staff Member Janitor

That's cool. Let me find out for my Tab ;). I hope it should be available.

Sent from my Samsung Tab using Tapatalk