1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Android Thread

Discussion in 'Gadgets / Electronics / Laptops' started by royj, Sep 29, 2010.

1. viveksonkhla

viveksonkhla Amatore

Noida, India
    NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    Paired and Synced my Motorola Milestone with Blue and Me last week....and it works perfectly fine.......the contacts were synced in 2 min flat........and I used it multiple times ...moved in and out of the car.....and every time My Mobile and Blue and ME connected without a fail.....

One thing that I noticed was....the connection is instant the moment you walk close to 4 ft of your car.....and the mobile will get connected even if you are on a call talking to someone .....this was good....no need to disconnect the call ...as it was a smooth transition.....
  2. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    I use google nexus one. Bought it pretty much as soon as it was launched.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
  3. CountRock

CountRock Staff Member Janitor

Dallas, Texas
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Re: Re: Android Thread

me too. Got it in feb last year.

Those complaining about the touch screen keyboard should look at Swype! I can type faster than any keyboard on any handset using Swype on my phone

4. Grandeur

Grandeur Staff Member Janitor

Just installed Tapatalk Android ;-) Works awesome!

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk
  5. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    @ count rock - you right...I use SlideIT.. Works like swype
    @sandeep - galaxy tab rocks... Congratulations and enjoy!

6. New Android User!

Newbie Android user reporting!!

Phone: HTC Desire (S-LCD), bought from flipkart 2 weeks ago

Apps I like on my phone:
    Brut mod for Google maps with offline maps support and Navigation (including Audio)
    (Love it because it's absolutely free Navigation)
    Evernote for Android
    (You can take snaps of your bills, docs anything and later search the contents in it! Works like a charm)
    Mileage
    Compass
    Google sky map
    Google myTracks
    Winamp
    Photoshop express
    Dolphin browser
    NFS Shift

Battery life: Around 16 hours with medium usage, 8 hours with heavy GPS, Navigation usage. Expect the battery to last at least a day once the honeymoon period is over and usage becomes low.

Overall, I like the phone very much except the battery life.
  7. Update: My USB car charger has just arrived, so Navigation while inside car won't drain battery anymore! The rating on this charger is 700mA. Normal USB ports are 500mA and the original charger that came with the phone is 1A. So I guess 700mA would be just fine.

[attachment=0:2zj612j2]IMAG0119.jpg[/attachment:2zj612j2]
    Anyone using a charger like this? I charged the phone for about 10 minutes while Navigation was on. The phone was heating up - is it the charger or the Navigation?

IMAG0119.jpg
  8. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    I have a charger that is similar and have used it on my Samsung Galaxy Spica. My phone heats up due to GPS usage as well as charging, but primarily due to GPS usage.
  9. CountRock

CountRock Staff Member Janitor

Dallas, Texas
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Anyone got media/songs to play over bluetooth on Blue&Me? I cannot do it with my Nexus one.
  10. Thanks Roy.
    What is the ampere rating of original charger that came with Spica? I was afraid as to what would happen if phone tried to draw more than 700mA from the charger - it's regulator IC may blow and the whole 12V from car battery may be fed directly to the phone... I just hope that HTC desire has over voltage protection!

I think it is better to keep a check on how much the USB charger heats up during initial use. If its heating up considerably, there could be issues.

Yes, I had played songs from my phone over blue tooth in a Ford Figo. But I am not sure whether Blue&Me in Punto supports it?