1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Android Thread

Discussion in 'Gadgets / Electronics / Laptops' started by royj, Sep 29, 2010.

1. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    to which service centre have you given ? is it repairable ?
  2. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Battery saving tips and tweaks..

:eek:fftopic A bit off-topic guys..ISSUED IN PUBLIC INTEREST..:evilsmile

No matter what Android phone one uses, if I may suggest, I have installed Advanced Task Killer Pro long ago with tweaked settings to kill background apps more aggressively. That helps tremendously to free memory for heavy apps and also improves phone response minimising any lag. You can alternatively choose which apps you want to kill and which you want to keep alive.

Another killer tip is to use a free app called UNMOUNT SD which can be placed as a simple icon on the home screen. It is a toggle switch shortcut which prevents the phone from frequent access to SD card and also prevents automatic launch of non-essential apps in the background. Just a single click to the UNMOUNT SD shortcut disables or unmounts the SD card from the OS thus tremendously increasing Battery life. Best for people who are facing problems of frequent battery discharge.

Please add further to which all apps you find useful and are the best in Various categories.
    2 people like this.
  3. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    The apps I like the most are the games
    Stick tennis, real racing2 and asphalt.
    Yahoo mail and zomato are the ones I use most
  4. Lunafiatic

Lunafiatic Amatore

Pune-Mumbai-Pune
    Go with LG G2. Not because I am using it already, but it is simply one of the best. You cannot go wrong with it. Anytime better than Samsung. Samsung is the Maruti and Hyundai of mobiles. However, having said that the plastic body construction of the LG G2 is a downside, apart from that, it rocks.
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2014
  5. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    I use Wordweb, Hindu Calendar, Sky Map, TED Air, TAPATALK and whatsapp, Saavn for music, Root Explorer, Superuser (needs rooting the phone), yahoo answers (rare), File Expert, Clipsync (to copy desktop data from clipboard to phone-needs wifi router), Colournote to take notes, Google Authenticator etc.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Yes since commercial brands have been used google could use that..
  6. magnan

magnan Amatore

Jaipur, Rajasthan
    Yesterday got my One Plus One. Also having Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 which I bought again after losing on last year. Bigger is better! Awaiting its update to Kitkat.
    Earlier it was Samsung Galaxy S II.
  7. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Android One has been launched in India today - http://www.android.com/one/india/

a1.jpg

Few Features
    • Runs the latest version of Android (4.4 KitKat) and automatically gets the new operating system soon after it's released.
    • Free Android updates and app downloads, with Airtel connection (need to check terms & conditions).
    • Handset by Karbon, Micromax and Spice, available online from Amazon, Flipkart and Snapdeal.

Seems low cost smartphone market is hotting up.
    Rituraj likes this.
  8. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Experts,

Need advice. Kitkat android version is now available for Asus Zenfones and since I own a Zenfone 5 wanted to get the 4.3 version to get updated to 4.4 kitkat. Now the issue is the blogspot where the dowloadable file is available asks for the existing build version to be first upgraded to an intermidiate version and then upgrade to Kitkat version. I find this strange, why this two step procedure? Next for the Zenfone to talk to my laptop there is a software link called PC link required which for some strange reason is not getting installed on my laptop due to some driver issue.

Any gurus who own Asus Zenfone faced this issue and resolved?
  9. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    @ghodlur,

Girish, you said blogspot, there are two things. Somewhere I read people are not too happy with Kitkat upgrades, in some cases it reduced performance (perhaps fixable with feature mini releases). Secondly, I would suggest you to wait for Asus' own release, which I guess can happen OTA via 3g or wifi. No need of PC etc.
    ghodlur likes this.
  10. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    asimpleson likes this.