1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Android Thread

Discussion in 'Gadgets / Electronics / Laptops' started by royj, Sep 29, 2010.

1. saroshmk

saroshmk

Hyderabad
    Has anyone tried or is it feasible to get Android running on a blackberry phone?
  2. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    Innovative thought.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
  3. Hurricane

Hurricane Amatore

Hyderabad.
    Getting android on a blackberry phone? I don't think its possible at all. Everything in Android works on touch gestures.

It is however possible to run android apps on newer blackberry phones. Last time I heard, RIM is working on it to make it happen. Since I don't follow blackberry much I don't have any update on that.Apps for android are built to work on a full fledged touch screen. Although blackberry might come up with full fledged touch screens in future, I can bet that the experience is not going to be the same.
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
  4. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

i had the same thought with my bb torch.. but no luck.
  5. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    Got my 2X ROOTED..
    Tried atleast 5-6 Custom ROMS, but atlast returned to the LG's ICS leak ROM with OC kernel. My Antutu score is approx- 8200 and quadrant is 4100.. :)
  6. Hurricane

Hurricane Amatore

Hyderabad.
    Since no one posted a response to my earlier query, I went ahead and updated my S2 to CM10. Below is what has happened.

I tried CM 10 on my mobile and boy I was in for a surprise.

Android Keyboard (AOSP) was failing and since that is the only default stock keyboard, I can't type in anything. Irritatingly, it kept on showing those darn alerts saying that the process stopped unexpectedly. I used cm-10-20121204-NIGHTLY-i9100.zip ROM. Thinking that it could be an issue with this ROM, I used cm-10-20121202-NIGHTLY-i9100.zip as well. It too failed on me.

I then thought perhaps it could be due to a faulty gapps package and so I tried out other versions as well and the same issue persisted. In CM10, other than seeing the NEW boot screen, I just couldn't use anything.

I wanted to go back to ICS but then I thought, since I am already in this mess, why not try out some other ROM. I have always been a huge admirer of Cyanogen and Team EOS ROMs and they worked so well for me that I never even bothered to try out other ROMS out there.

Now since CM10 is a let down, I felt that this is a good oppurtunity for me to try out something new. My next immediate target was to try out X-TremE JB AOKP. I heard that it was a very good ROM but never bothered to try it out. I immediately downloaded the entire file (nearly around 500MB) and copied it to my SDCard.

I booted my device in recovery mode and started the install. During the installation process, I had the option to choose different launchers and different kernels. I choose CM kernel and Apex, Nova as the launchers.

Initial Impressions
    Superb is the word. It worked perfectly and its pretty fast. I have tons of options in the settings menu to customize everything. The only thing that I hate about this is the boot screen animation. Looks like I have to do something about it. ;)

I will post some screenshots tomorrow. Hope this helps someone :)
    2 people like this.
  7. Hurricane

Hurricane Amatore

Hyderabad.
    Time for another update.

I'm simply loving the JB experience. Since yesterday I reinstalled the same ROM multiple times using different settings/options. The mobile has become new again :) . Below are the screenshots.

The Lock Screen

1.jpg

Home Screen
    (Notice the charging animation. This can be enabled from the settings)

2.jpg

App drawer
    (I set the transparency levels manually to give that effect)

3.jpg

Settings

4.jpg

Google Now
    (works really well)

5.png

Notification drawer
    (Now supports Pinch to zoom- Notifications can be expanded / collapsed)

6.jpg

Notification drawer

7.jpg

I am working on installing a different boot animation for this device. I will update the video later. :up
    3 people like this.
  8. saroshmk

saroshmk

Hyderabad
    I have a Storm II that's beginning to show signs of fatigue due to old age. I'm ok to R&D with it to see if it can get a new lease of life.

It is a touch screen phone but multi-finger gestures (no pun) may not be supported? Thought it was the OS that interpreted what the hardware was telling it.
  9. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    Yes CM10 has its own bugs! Like for LG P990, there's the call bugs, which just changes the meaning of a phone which is used to call up people. I'll post my screenshots too with the ICS running! :)
    Cheers
  10. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Samsung has released the official Jelly Bean update for Galaxy Tab 2 310 (with 3G). Got mine updated y'day. Smooth is butter smooth now :)

4.1.1.png

Tap on the version number & you get the below screen.

Screenshot_2012-12-14-09-57-33.jpg

Screenshot_2012-12-14-09-57-43.jpg
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2012
    2 people like this.