1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Android Thread

Discussion in 'Gadgets / Electronics / Laptops' started by royj, Sep 29, 2010.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Next question from me (am not a Smarphone fanatic you see :)).

What is rooting?
  2. amargawade90

amargawade90 Superiore

Mate , Rooting mean Installing/flashing Custom Rom's(OS).....For Custome Roms GO to XDA Website....You will get it for your Phone!!
    1 person likes this.
  3. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Not sure if you are in IT. For a windows system, the administrator is God. He / She can do pretty much what they please with the system's OS. An user with ROOT privileges is the equivalent in an Unix / Linux based system. Rooting an Android (also based on Linux) based phone is gaining those privileges, so one can install non-standard / non-OE stuff. In the Automobile equivalent, it would be like remapping the ECU :D

Rajan
  4. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    It gives you the ability to try out new roms and apps which are unable to run on stock roms. More like unlocking a phones true potential. Nothing too big a deal, only if one is too much into tweaking and all should he try it rest it doesn't appear too significant to a normal user.
  5. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I am in IT. But, I was thinking on the line of installing new hardware into my mobile. :D

Thanks for the explaining in laymans terms.
  6. Hurricane

Hurricane Amatore

Hyderabad.
    anyone using CM10 ROM for Galaxy S2?

I have been using CM9 nightly builds for a long time and so just to get the JB experience I am now planning on upgrading it CM10. I have just been holding off from doing so as I have way too much data to backup. I might still go ahead and upgrade it this week but was wondering if anyone else here already did it ::T
  7. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

Guys i upgraded the firmware on my wife's Sony Ericsson xperia neo from honeycomb to ics.. and boy i was for a surprise........it totally ruined the phone.. Now i get yelled at for messing up her phone... can't argue as i agree with her..

so i been doing some research cyanogen mod for Neo and can't find a proper link..explaining the whole process..

so please help me out......
  8. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
  9. mightymaveryk

mightymaveryk Regolare

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Am using HTC Incredible S. Missing Beats audio but my SRS WOW is giving good sound. Upgraded to 4.0 ICS last month and looking for Jelly Bean as I carry my camera in my pocket through Incredible S. Except the service center's worst treatment, I love this kit. Even got a HTC Desire C for wifey this Diwali. Annoyed by the Sense 4.0 of HTC (Desice C). Enjoying Sense 3.6 and hopes that HTC is not updating my phone with Sense 4.0.
  10. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

Last edited: Dec 4, 2012