1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Android Thread

Discussion in 'Gadgets / Electronics / Laptops' started by royj, Sep 29, 2010.

1. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Linea T-Jet
    Am on 3.2. Want to upgrade to Jellybean.
  2. Hurricane

Hurricane Amatore

Hyderabad.
    No, when I said version, I was referring to the XOOM model number and not the software.

Just go to "About tablet" in settings and look at the model number and post it here. Just a guess, if your's is 3G compatible then it could be same as mine (MZ601).
  3. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Not sure if this is the right thread.

I have an Ainol Novo 7 Elf II Android tablet and installed the JB based CyanogenMod 10 ROM 3 days back. I use a Samsung Omnia W Windows Mango phone. I have been trying to find a way of using the GPS signals from my phone, so I can use Google Navigation on the tablet. I know that I can use TetherGPS for this purpose from an Android Phone.
    I am considering the following options:

1. Buy a low cost Andriod Phone with GPS, just for this purpose and use TetherGPS. If I use something like Navfree, I think I do not even need to put in a SIM in the phone
    2. Buy an External GPS receiver and use with the tablet. Finding a compatible one seems to be a challenge
    3. Buy a Bluetooth enabled external GPS receiver and pair it with the tablet. The Tablet does not have Bluetooth, but supports an external dongle
    4. Abandon the whole idea and just buy a dedicated GPS Unit
    5. Tighten purse strings and learn to live with the small screen map on the WinMo :D

All suggestions welcome.

Thanks,

Rajan
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2012
  4. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Linea T-Jet
    Oops, sorry for the goof up. Yes, mine is the 3G compatible MZ601.
  5. Hurricane

Hurricane Amatore

Hyderabad.
    Cool same as mine. I will try to upload the files needed so that you can download them and will update this thread with the steps to perform a successful root. :up

Just so you know, I haven't tried 3G after rooting. I just don't use 3G as much as I do on my galaxy S2. Do you use 3G a lot on Xoom ?
    1 person likes this.
  6. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Linea T-Jet
    I used 3G a lot for two months after getting my XOOM (had a BSNL 3G post-paid data sim). But when I got the bill, surrendered the sim :p

These days, am using Wi-Fi for internet.
    1 person likes this.
  7. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Hurricane,

You seem to be the root guru here. So, I wonder if you can help.

I am using the Micromax A78, dual sim QWERTY phone running Android 2.3 (256 MB RAM). Any tips on how to root it. I basically want to remove the 'crapware' to free up some resources.

Regards
    Johnny
  8. Hurricane

Hurricane Amatore

Hyderabad.

Sorry for the delay.. Got held up with the office work. Will try to send you the required files and the process by tomorrow. ::T

LoL.. I am no guru.. Just a gadget enthusiast :D

As far as I know, Micromax doesn't support ADB (Android debug bridge) and I am not sure which ROM is compatible with your device. I have to check XDA developers forum to see which ROM works for you.
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  9. funkykar

funkykar BANNED

Bangalore
    Got a budget Android, yet with lots of features, Karbonn A18. Extremely happy with it and serves all my needs.
  10. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3