1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Android Thread

Discussion in 'Gadgets / Electronics / Laptops' started by royj, Sep 29, 2010.

1. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Paji one V doesnt have front camera and battery back up is not upto the mark. I am using Sony erricson Xperia Pro and take my word its one of the best mobile I ever used. The downside is battery backup.

I will recommend you Sony Xperia Arc S, I think its the best phone in Android phone in market. Before buying HTC one V take Xperia Arc S and feel the difference, it deserves for that price.
  2. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    Why go for a single core processor? Go for the Xperia! My friend and myself got one..excellent display, far better than the V. And do checkout the Lg Optimus l7. I guess if you look at that, its hard to turn your head away from that. Who so ever saw that, just bought it.
    1 person likes this.
  3. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

I think the thread should be renamed

---------- Post added at 03:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:18 PM ----------

i bought my wife Sony Ericsson xperia Neo last December.. It s a good phone.. but battery life is not all that exciting.. thats something sony doesn't bother on improving..

HTC one is is a nice phone.. small compared to the big smarth phones that are coming out theses days..
    another good phone, in terms of looks is the new Sony xperia series.. Xerpia u is same as the SE Xperia Neo.

at 15-16 k.. a decent buy..
  4. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    can you help here for cracked version. my 15 days trial is expired now.
    1 person likes this.
  5. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
  6. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Shashank why dont you use NAVFREE. I am using it in UK and its working absolutely fine. Its a free software so give a try.
  7. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    Navfree is definitely good. However, the UI is a bit different and not so easy to get used to instantly. Similar apps are OSMand and Znavavi.

---------- Post added August 27, 2012 at 12:44 AM ---------- Previous post was August 26, 2012 at 09:41 PM ----------

So this question is purely for DEFY PLUS users having the following specs:
    - System version 45.0.2310.MB526.AsiaRetail.en.03
    - Android 2.3.6
    - Kernel version 2.6.32.9
    - Build number 4.5.1.134_DFP-231

How have you rooted your phone?

I tried SuperOneClick 2.3.3 a while back and it wasn't successful. It hung/crashed in the process and I finally disconnected the phone from PC.

XDA has a thread on how to root this above build number. However, that starts from wiping Data/Cache TWICE! So I'll lose all my apps and settings in that step right?

Before committing to that, I want to make sure there is NO OTHER root method possible for Defy Plus.

P.S The OP of the above thread tried the following known rooting methods, but none worked for him! Can you believe?

- (XT800+)ROOT_MOTO_2.3.6
    - Defy_2.3.6Root
    - DooMLoRD_v4_ROOT-zergRush-busybox-su
    - DROID 3 easy root script v7
    - ME525 2.3.6 Root
    - ROOT_MOTO_2.3.6
    - root4defy134
    - SuperOneClickv2.3.3-ShortFuse
    - ZOC_FlashMasterV1.70
    - unlockroot23-eng
    - Motofail for Droid 4 and Razr
    - SuperOneClick with new Exploit motofail hangs on 5th step
  8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    How many TFIans have rooted their devices? :)
  9. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Bangalore
    rooted and then unrooted because i came to know that my device wont get OTA updates from motorola if it is rooted!
  10. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    Err, who needs official OTA updates, when there is the beautiful CM10 JB build running stable for all Moto phones?