1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Android Thread

Discussion in 'Gadgets / Electronics / Laptops' started by royj, Sep 29, 2010.

1. mayank

mayank Amatore

@djnish- I was quite limited to my budget..and here i wasn't getting defy+ less than 14k...also the fact that i needed a dual sim phone..so i think i can manage having mini xt and so far it has been a satisfactory purchase :)
  2. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Linea T-Jet
    Thanks for the link Thomman! Tried it on my XOOM and my sister's Xperia Neo V today in Panchkula, it worked well on both.

Regarding the data requirement, I had an Aircel sim in my XOOM, which, for some reason, wasn't working in Panchkula. So before started off the "journey", loaded the route using Wi-Fi on both the devices. But it showed the shortest route, the one we were not supposed to take. So, in the absence of an internet connection, it couldn't recalculate on the XOOM. But my sister's phone had an active connection, and we carried on using it.

Back in Dehradun, I will be able to use it as the Aircel sim works there.
  3. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    Please do checkout the new Micromax A100 and A90 smartphones. Best thing money can buy in a budget! M gonna get the A90 for sure!
  4. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Linea T-Jet
    Also check out Spice mi-500 and Karbonn A24. My brother is also interested in these phones. One thing I am worried about is the quality of these phones. Will they last for more than a year?
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Guys,

Any nice Android phone under 20k?

Looking at HTC One V right now. Any other options?
  6. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    hTC One Vseems to be the most logical choice as I have been using hTC 3400i for the past 4years. Now it bas been discharged from duty after being replaced by an android from samsung. One thing that puts hTC aboveMotos and Sony is that bTC are built really solid. Others do not last.

One V has a slight curve at the bottom otherwise it looks good too.

Meanwhile, Galaxy S advance has superior hardware. A dual core 1Ghz processor with 768mb ram. Thing is that it is still on v2.3 Gingerbread.

http://www.flipkart.com/samsung-gal...WSGV&ref=22955ea7-00f8-4509-876b-07f1caeeaa84
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2012
  7. gurjinder

Punjab
    Samsung doesn't really excite me as much as HTC. :p

I can get the One V at dealer price (the distributor has rented our shop ;)). The guy himself owns a One V and i checked out the phone in detail and liked it. The size is right, can be operated by one hand (very important for me). And it's built really solid. Battery should last one day of very active use.

The only thing i don't appreciate is the unibody design. It sure looks great but no access to the battery. Is that even an issue?
  8. TheDrifter

TheDrifter Amatore

Hyderabad
    Sony Mobiles

I would suggest to also have a look at Sony Xperia Neo V which I have been using since 8months which comes with Android ICS 4.0 and is very sleek performing UI. I have installed Sygic Maps (cracked version) which suffices the gps turn by turn navigation. Also latest range of Dual core mobile from Sony which is Xperia Sola (Sony Xperia Sola: Price in India, Reviews, Specification: Flipkart.com) is also worth giving a look. ::T
    1 person likes this.
  9. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Unibody is not an issue. I was worried a bit too when i bought Galaxy Tab 7 back in earley 2011. It was my first device with non user replaceable battery.

If you can get One V at dealer price, go for it.

Reason behind posting Galaxy S advance link was not to miss strong hardware specced device below 20k.Lack of ICS is a major drawback.

---------- Post added at 11:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 PM ----------

One of my colleague has bought Sola for her husband as a wedding present. I will check out with her for reviews.
    1 person likes this.
  10. gurjinder

Punjab
    Thanks The Drifter and Yashik.

I think i've already made my mind up for One V and other phones are looking like devils (my brain is making up excuses not to buy them :lol:)

I reckon the dealer price should be near 16 or something less. I'll update in September first week.

Cheers.