1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Android Thread

Discussion in 'Gadgets / Electronics / Laptops' started by royj, Sep 29, 2010.

1. mayank

mayank Amatore

just bought motorola defy mini XT320 last month for 11k..:) have to say that Its a nice gadget with Android 2.3.6 OS..big 1650mah with a stand by time of 504hrs and talk time of upto 10hrs..It has a 3MP camera(with a secondary Vga camera) which is a bit let down as many others in similar price range comes with around 5MP..but still it manages to click some decent pics..another downside of this phone is only 600mhz processor(a big surprise..it wont let u feel that its 600mhz..its satisfactory fast almost same as 800mhz processor) :( are you kidding motorola??? samsung galaxy y for 8k offers atleast 8mhz processor..they should have atleast added 1ghz processor..the main reason behind me purchasing this one is that its scratch proof(thanks to the gorilla glass),dust proof and yaa most importantly water proof another best thing is that its a dual sim so ofcourse i can use both my bsnl and docomo sims together..:cool: also i bought it cuz motorola is my favorite brand and even my last phone was razr2 :cool:
    1 person likes this.
  2. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Linea T-Jet
    Is the ICS update out for Motorola XOOM in India? On touching the "Search For Updates" option on my XOOM, a back box appears for a second and then goes off. Is there something wrong with my tab? Previously, it used to show "Your device is up to date".
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2012
  3. puntosat

puntosat Superiore

Bangalore
    Motorola starts Android ICS upgrade for Xoom

Call Sai Srinivasa technologies (Bangalore) or any authorized service centre for Moto or customer care India number..they will tell u clearly...

XOOM..is stock android device..Jelley Bean build is released as well I think
    1 person likes this.
  4. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Linea T-Jet
    I read the same article a couple of days ago! Had given up hope of getting an update, then read this article, tried to update and now this problem has appeared.

Will try to get an explanation from Moto customer care.

Regarding Jellybean, Moto has announced that Xoom will get 4.1, but for me, can't get ICS, so Jellybean is a far cry.
  5. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    Since Google Navigation does not work in india... What is the next best free navigation tool for india. I was using Sygic but it was only the trial version for 15 days.

Smartphone is Samsung Galaxy S3
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2012
  6. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Bangalore
    after a lot of struggle got my Moto droid razr xt910 updated to ICS.
    1 person likes this.
  7. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    Any reason you did not consider the Defy+? At 12,750, it's way above in specs than Mini XT.
    Why do you say so? Just head over to XDA forums and install any custom ROM. Not just ICS, you'll get JB too!
    Check out GPS Underground forums for a cracked version of Sygic or Garmin. I had used these extensively on my Galaxy Ace.
  8. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

I feel like i was selfish for not sharing about maps.brut..its a hacked Google navigation and it works in INDIA.

But it requires internet data plan or wifi to plan the route. Once the navigation is open u do't require internet. But if you miss a turn it won't redirect unless your data is on.

I used it to Travel from Cochin to Goa and Back, again from Cochin to Bangalore..

The trouble i had was when i was traveling with in B'lore city.. The problem is it takes the shortest route..
    I think its not that good in side the city. i set my destination to Commercial street, B'lore.. it took me thru small old roads and one ways.. and thru a Muslim colony and end in the back of Commercial street..

maps4.6.0.4686-brut-renamed-tagged.apk - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download
    click the link, download the file and transfer the file to ur android phone. Open the file using a file manager and install.. and Enjoy

---------- Post added at 09:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 AM ----------

This is the simplest one i found.. just install the .apk file and open the program in ur Phone..

The other ones i came across, required the phone to be rooted..-
    2 people like this.
  9. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    shashant download NAVFREE from play store its free. I am using here in U.K. for navigation. I will recommend this app to you. I have downloaded maps for India and UK. The best navigation application.

---------- Post added at 01:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 PM ----------

shashant download NAVFREE from play store its free. I am using here in U.K. for navigation. I will recommend this app to you. I have downloaded maps for India and UK. The best navigation application.
    1 person likes this.
  10. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Just downloaded the apk file. Will be installing it today. Thanks a lot thomman.