1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Android Thread

Discussion in 'Gadgets / Electronics / Laptops' started by royj, Sep 29, 2010.

1. saipv

saipv Amatore

I don't know about eBay US. But, am happily using my HTC Desire from eBay UK (unlocked from T-Mobile), bought 2 years back. There was no issues with shipping or their unlocking. That time I paid around 24k upfront, and even I was afraid of how it will be. But luckily it was very smooth. Got in 1 week.

You may better check with the dealer mentioned in that link regarding the Item Condition/Shipment.
  2. puntosat

puntosat Superiore

Please checkout "Indian Story Teller" app in Android market.. its my first app in the market

Its free for download...with two free stories..

Kids will love it for sure....

English,Hindi,Malayalam supported now...very soon Tamil & Telugu would be available too

lionn_mouse_five.jpg cranencrab_five.jpg lionn_mouse_four.jpg cranencrab_four.jpg
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2012
  3. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Last edited: Aug 9, 2012
  4. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

I just bought Samsung Galaxy S3.. only one word describes it and that is wow. I know people using HTC One X, iPhone4s and Nokia 41 mp. Only in terms of Camera Nokia has a winner rest all it is Galaxy s3. But i found one thing very irritating with Google and that is "Navigation does not work in india". Google maps is horrible.

Can anyone suggest a real good GPS app for Android ICS which has all the indian maps loaded and can be used only with GPS and not EDGE or 3G? I really don't care about the amount of memory that it will take.
  5. theblack

theblack Esperto

6. puntosat

puntosat Superiore

Maps my India is very good..it works on GPS only..no n/w connection required.

@shashank...u missed Droid RAZR MAXX in ur list...S3 and One X..these are top 3 phones in world right now..
  7. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

My Sony tablet has Android Honeycomb 3.x I guess. Since quite sometime now, when booting up, it gives me a pop up message that "System Update is available, wanna do it?" I've not yet done it as don't want to spoil the OEM OS. Could it be the OS update?
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2012
  8. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Yes, it is update for the operating system only. Sony has released OEM Ice Cream Sandwich update for it's Sony S and Sony P tablet as per some articles.

Sony releases ICS update for Tablet P and Xperia Active - Tablets

System Update with Android 4.0.3 : Sony Tablet

Sony rolls out Android 4.0 ICS update for Tablet S - Tablets

Read some user reviews about how stable these releases are and also the pros and cons of updating to this ROM.

Android Honeycomb 3.xx (e.g. your honeycomb 3.1 I guess) was an OS made specifically for tablets. Now this Ice Cream Sandwich has been optimized for both mobiles as well as tablets.

I am not sure if it's worth upgrading from honeycomb (as I have never used it) but it is definitely worth upgrading from gingerbread 2.3
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2012
  9. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Yes of course it is! It won't spoil, but rather improve the OEM OS.
  10. Toruk_Macto

Toruk_Macto Amatore

I recently bought Sony Xperia S and just love it. Upgraded it to ICS. It's features are as good as or better than Samsung Galaxy S3 and it is atleast 25% cheaper than S3. Camera is one of the best. Music ? Do you I need to say anything for Sony walkman ? It has got wisepilot navigation which uses Navteq maps. For those in Mumbai, m-indicator is one of the best application.