1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Android Thread

Discussion in 'Gadgets / Electronics / Laptops' started by royj, Sep 29, 2010.

1. What is your budget? HTC sensation is now available for ~24K. I have been using it since ~8 months with no issues. In a new range check Sony NXT series. Check Xperia P or Xperia S (32K). You can get far more features and specs than iPhone in top end android phones.
  2. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Budget is around 40K tops. Isn't HTC One better than sensation?
    I will stay away from Samsung and everything else is an option. I want to check out the iPhone, HTC One and Motorola droid Razr this weekend. Lets see if I can lay my hands on them.
  3. Yes One X is better option. Check out Xperia S too. I would not suggest Motorola. Not sure what happened to Motorola after Google acquired it. No updates or no great phone. Samsung always gives plastic like feel. Galaxy S3 looked better in advertisements. I have not seen one physically though.
  4. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    Hi guys, I'm back in the market looking for a mid-range Android. My budget is between 12-15k. I don't particularly want an AMOLED display or dual/quad core processor. But I definitely want a good display, processor and RAM (will I get 1 GHZ/1 GB RAM in this price?).

I shortlisted these:
    1. Moto Defy+
    2. Moto Defy XT
    3. Sony Xperia U

Questions:
    1. I'm pretty sure I'll be modding the phone in a few months and installing CM7/8 to get ICS on the Moto. However, I'm wondering how good it will run on a single core 1 Ghz processor?

2. I can't seem to figure out any difference between Defy+ and XT except slimmer profile and MotoSwitch UI on the latter. How good/bad is Switch over Blur?

3. How's the dev community support for Sony phones? Although they officially have ICS already.

Lastly, any other phone in my budget which is better than the above? (If I get the discontinued Nexus S, I'll be very happy!)
  5. puntosat

puntosat Superiore

Bangalore
    DJ.Nish.

Go for Defy + or XT...

Motorola is just like FIAT..they make great products...stunning design..but lack service...
    2 people like this.
  6. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    Thats what I was also thinking :)

But you still left 2 of my questions unanswered:

1. I'm pretty sure I'll be modding the phone in a few months and installing CM7/8 to get ICS on the Moto. However, I'm wondering how good it will run on a single core 1 Ghz processor?

2. I can't seem to figure out any difference between Defy+ and XT except slimmer profile and MotoSwitch UI on the latter. How good/bad is Switch over Blur?
  7. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    puntosat,
    Yeah Moto is like FIAT.
    i have used MOto slvr6,then upgraded to Motoslvr9 then Motorockr EM30.... i have lost this mobile and stated using Nokia 5800 Xpress Music
    though i'm having lower end moto mobile being fan of Moto.
    Now i'm interested again into the new era of Moto Android phones
  8. saipv

saipv Amatore

My suggestion would be to get a Nexus S from US ... It will be within your budget and you can put ICS also .... eBay price is $255, If shipping to India it will be $297 (~16k INR)
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2012
  9. puntosat

puntosat Superiore

Bangalore
    Modding Defy is easier ...it runs on Blur...

ICS on 1GHz is possible but not the most ideal..Other than processor its the RAM that matters...both have 512 MB...but optimal would be >= 1 GB....for ICS & JB

Yes..XT has a newer/cleaner UI ...compared to blur...

Modded versions of ICS are best on high end phones like RAZR MAXX,GSIII,Solo etc..not mid-range...

Ganges,

RAZR MAXX is launched in India by Motorola..its a kick ass phone...rivalled only by GSIII..but the battery is a 3300mAH ...massive one...no other phone in the world is able to match it or come close currently..I would suggest anyone to go for it if they have the money...

Infact RAZR MAXX is the highest selling phone on Verizon,US even beating iphone4S..and Moto never boasts much about it...lazy fiat ..lazy moto

@Ganges
    Again motorola's engineering is like FIAT cutting-edge,pack leading,..they never market it nor provide good service...

Like FIAT they never compromise on build quality....they make tank like phones...best materials...used...
    2 people like this.
  10. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    From where are you getting it at 16k landed? Please post link here.

I have checked everywhere (Ebay.in and GEB included) and lowest is 17.5k. But budget this time is strictly 15k (and the lower, the better). If I were to increase my budget, I'd rather go all the way and get a Nexus I9250 for 22k.

EDIT 1 - Just saw your Ebay.com link. And yes it comes to 16.6k. But is it reliable to buy directly from Ebay US? Won't it be stuck at customs? The reason why Ebay launched Global Easy Buy was to ensure that they'll take care of customs and duties and include that in the landed cost.

EDIT 2 - Seems this is refurbished. Noticed this in the item description:

"A new, unused item with absolutely no signs of wear. The item may be missing the original packaging, or in the original packaging but not sealed. The item may be a factory second or a new, unused item with defects. "