1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Android Thread

Discussion in 'Gadgets / Electronics / Laptops' started by royj, Sep 29, 2010.

1. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Thomman for HUD have a look at the following thread by Viny . You'll definitely find it interesting.
    Click Here
  2. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Mods Note - Merged.
  4. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Check out an App called "Carango".
    It can maintain all the details w.r.t you're car.
    Insurance due, services, other expenditures
    And at the end it also calculates the final CPD (cost per distance traveled) .
  5. ajuvignesh

ajuvignesh Amatore

Chennai, Kanyakumari, Trivandrum.
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
  6. ajuvignesh

ajuvignesh Amatore

Chennai, Kanyakumari, Trivandrum.
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
  7. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    I am planning to buy the new iPhone and the Macbook and I guess compatability won't be an issue. However, what are the cons of an iPhone when compared to an android? At this point, it is irrelevant if it is a Samsung, Motorola or HTC.
  8. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    iPhone or Android?
    I have never used either till now but want to buy the new iPhone. Could somebody please highlight the pros & cons of an iPhone Vs an Android device? At this point the Android brand is irrelevant, could be a HTC, Motorola or Samsung. I do like the Google Nexus S but waiting for Motorola to start producing it as I have a prejudice against Samsung. Now that Motorola is owned by Google, it couldn't be very far. Plus I use a Motorola as of today.
    Last edited: May 29, 2012
  9. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Bangalore
    Motorola droid Razr (xt910) is the phone for you if you like moto devices. I own one and it is a cool device. Geeks would probably talk you to death about how SII vanquishes the droid razr in all tests and sorts. My personal opinion is that SII is a very bland device in terms of design. I dont like the whole plasticky feel that it has.

On the contrary, Droid Razr has a metal body with a diamond cut, it is the thinnest device around, has a kevlar ( bullet proof material. Yes, bullet proof. probably, if you keep droid razr in your shirt pocket, no one can think of pumping a bullet in to your chest. the kevlar will ward off the bullet just like it happens in Rajni or Vijayakant movie :D ) wrap behind and it has a dual core processor which does its job quite decently.

As other Android devices, the battery is nothing to drool about. It can probably last up to 12 hrs with intense use. If you are so concerned about the battery, wait for a while for Moto to bring Razr Maxx to India. It has a bigger battery when compared to the old Razr.

All mobile phone manufacturers today aspire to build a phone that has the finesse of an i -phone, rather i-phone is a bench mark in the industry but i have never craved to own that over priced, made in the sweat-shops of Foxconn (china) gadget. I have been on Android for the last 2 years and i am very happy. And these days some people say i-phones are for girls :p . Just keep a droid razr and i-phone next to each other and judge for yourself which one looks manly.

Last edited: May 29, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  10. Nithrath

Nithrath Amatore

Hyderabad
    Relativity,

Having worked on Macintosh platform for 4 years, i can list some here.

Pros of Apple:
    You have the unique identity.
    Awesome...simply awesome finishing of the products.
    User interface is the best of its class.
    Virus free(90%). I never saw any antivirus products used in my office till date for macintosh.

Cons of Apple:
    Costly products
    Softwares/applications are limited in FREE market. Paid you can get as many.
    Servicing : First hand you dont get the need of any. But, if god forbid, then could be a concern.

iPhone Vs Android: Very simple.
    iPhone is costly. Android is cheaper.
    iphone applications in FREE market may be limited. Android applications are plenty in FREE market.(Just search in GOOGLE PLAY and you will get an idea abt what i'm saying.)
    1 person likes this.