1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Android Thread

Discussion in 'Gadgets / Electronics / Laptops' started by royj, Sep 29, 2010.

1. Avinash

Avinash Amatore

Puducherry
    United Kingdom
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks. But yesterday i just got a rough price quote from the sony ericson mobile showroom. He quoted the ARC at 25k. Then probably he should have wrongly mentioned, thinking it was ARC S. For how much did you get ARC for?

But i thought of going for NEO V or mini pro as it's smaller than ARC. Now, that i've ruled out mini pro with qwerty, just want to know about NEO V, and ARC.
  2. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    I got the ARC for about 27k on it's release day. ARC s is the advanced version I believe with increased clock speed. Check the eBay out you should get it cheaper with warranty as well.

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk
  3. Avinash

Avinash Amatore

Puducherry
    United Kingdom
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks friends for your suggestions. :)

I got Xperia NEO V, for 18,350. I did check out the ARC. ARC costed around 25k. ARC S is much more than that. Only difference between ARC and NEO is NEO comes with 5 mpxl whereas ARC has 8 mpxl, EXMOR technology. But NEO has HDMI, google video chat and video call; two camera (one front and one back). Got the dark blue cum black shaded colour. Looks really stunning... :)

---------- Post added at 04:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:12 PM ----------

Can anyone please help me with what is meant by " static IP " in wi-fi advanced settings, of XPERIA mobiles???

I tried connecting WI-FI provided my college, which i use in my laptop that requires a user-name and password; but when i connected the WI-FI via my mobile, am not able to get into the login web-page. I tried again by copying the detail of the WI-FI like, gateway, subnet mask etc, from my laptop to the " static IP " But still i couldn't sort it out. And now am not able to clear the field in the static IP. But i can change it still.
  4. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Good choice Avinash, Although the Xperia Arc does come with HDMI out and has a bigger screen which is the primary reason I got it.

Regarding your Wi-Fi stuff - The phone should be getting it's IP Address automatically and once you open any browser you should be taken to a log-in page. That's how most of the Public Internet Wi-Fi spots are configured. So does your existing laptop has a static IP configured or is it on DHCP provided automatic IP? Once you get on to the Advanced menu on the Wireless & Networks settings page you should be able to see a option to disable static IP altogether.
  5. Fiat-Yamaha

Fiat-Yamaha Superiore

Bangalore
    Thanks for the info.

I have 2 options for BT headsets - Jabra BT 3030(Rs. 3300/-) & SE MW600(Rs. 4000/- with FM) mean while sound effect was same with both BTH. Only problem is MW600 does not cover under warranty when brought separately. So BT headset plan is on hold until some research/review is been done.

OT: Got some stuff for my SGS2 from Dealextreme. Here it is. Now i can copy files to mobile directly from pendrive. No need to connect to PC.:clapping

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/protective-case-with-magnetic-button-for-samsung-i9100-black-73566

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/micro-usb-on-the-go-host-otg-adapter-pair-50774
  6. Avinash

Avinash Amatore

Puducherry
    United Kingdom
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks... :) My laptop is on DHCP automatic connection. But few of my friends too are not able to connect the WI-FI provided by my college via mobile. Only blackberry, and few samsung mobiles are able to connect... strange...
  7. nmp

nmp Amatore

Thane, Mumbai
    I've upgraded from Android 2.1 Eclair to 2.2 Froyo recently on my X8. Although it was an un-official (read not supported by Sony E) upgrade, I'm quite happy that I went for it. Earlier I've upgraded from 1.6 to 2.1 through Sony E's website. There is little / no chance that they will come up with 2.2 upgrade.

If anyone is interested then do try xda-developer's website.
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2011
  8. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    I have been using XDA since I was using a HTC Touch 3G. Did my ROM upgrades. Team energy roms on TD2 were great. So is the Team overcome ROM upgrade for Galaxy Tab. I have recently upgraded to Overcome version 4.0 (Gingerbread 2.3.3) along with Ice Cream Sandwich mods. Although the mods are still a bit buggy, it is a lot better than the stock Samsung Gingerbread.
  9. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Linea T-Jet
    Does Google Maps Navigation work in India?

When I open Google Maps Navigation on my XOOM, the message "The application Maps has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." It used to work before, showing the message "Navigation is not available in this area." What's the problem?
  10. maverick

maverick Amatore