1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Android Thread

Discussion in 'Gadgets / Electronics / Laptops' started by royj, Sep 29, 2010.

1. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Why don't you order lcd+ digitizer from ebay.com costs 63.5 and free shipping. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Touch-LCD-D...175?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a0fff5157
    I too got screen for my U10i from same seller, part is original.
    Sony Ericsson phones are great but their service support sucks sometimes they take more than 1.5 months to return your phone.
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2011
  2. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Thanks Vijay, my phone is indeed stuck at the service centre. Can the glass be fitted by ourselves as quoted in the link? Else I'll order it and take help from local mobile wala.
  3. livelyyoungman

livelyyoungman Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    It depends on what applications you need??? Just check with post #172 in this thread - you can figure a host lot of applications

BTW folks how many have you tried the Go Launcher with Sensation theme? It is really good and fantastic. Throw open your views here.
  4. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    teky it can be fitted by you, it's quite easy.
    There are lot of guides available on youtube showing how to do it.
  5. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    I am using Samsung Galaxy S1 - 9003

Within a month the phone died and had to visit service centre. Got the motherboard replaced. Now it is running fine for the last 2 months.

Using the following applications

Rockplayer Lite
    CamScanner
    Bloomberg
    Barcode Scanner
    3D Compass
    Raaga
    ConnetBot
  6. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    FIAT Yamaha-- I can mail you the tapatalk application if you can PM me your email ID.

Some android apps that I am currently using (and highly recommend) with my Galaxy TAB include:
    - Super swiss army knife (compass, ruler, leveller, distance and height measurement of objects, flashlight and many more gadgetry in a single app)
    - Realcalc calculator. Lovely app.
    - Shoot Me screen grabber. Its now unavailable in the market as developer got irked from some comments. Can be had from net though.
    - Dolphin browser. Best thing I found this year.
    - AndroZip- Unrar tool and file explorer.
    - Battery widget that displays remaining battery on my screen.
    - Reduce photo size for easy uploading on slower networks.
    - tape a talk sound recorder tool.

I will post screenshots here shortly. :D
  7. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Linea T-Jet
    Also, will these apps be available for tablet PCs?
  8. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Prakhar, the apps on my Galaxy TAB are nothing but the routine android apps only. Galaxy TAB is simply a giant Galaxy S phone LOL. Just like iPad is sort of nothing but a giant iPod. HeHe. :D

The battery widget is serving me well. I am more than happy as I dont need to go to settings everytime just to check the approximate battery levels. You can see the screen shot in the tablet thread you have started. I got so addicted that my laptop also sports a battery widget on the home screen now.

The dolphin browser is the same browser as the one for other android phones but let me tell you the beauty of it. The stock browser treats tablets as a mobile phone only and you have to browse the mobile versions of various sites like facebook, yahoo, Google Plus and many more. With Dolphin, my life has become much easier.
  9. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Linea T-Jet
    Very well said :D

My father's Wave also has Dolphin browser as default. But I use Opera Mini to open "heavier" websites.
  10. Fiat-Yamaha

Fiat-Yamaha Superiore

Bangalore
    Hi All,

I'm planning to buy Bluetooth Stereo headset for SGS2..... preferably for Music. Which one would be compatible?

Budget within 4K