1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Android Thread

Discussion in 'Gadgets / Electronics / Laptops' started by royj, Sep 29, 2010.

1. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Thread starter,but WHY android phone in the first place??
    NMP,you are correct,it is very tiny.Already in touch mobiles I dial the wrong next number as it is too close,it would be even worse here.But Iam a SE loyalist just like being a FIAT loyalist!,inspite of the shortcomings in both because they are very strong or the segment best in various aspects,like in SE,they have the best camera,music player and least or nil dropped calls(exactly opposite to samsung)
    Paddle shifter,your post was hilarious.
  2. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    It is a long story. Some time back my wife got into a company developing mobile applications on BlackBerry, Android and Symbian platforms and I soon became the guinea pig ::V Being a gadget freak who am I to complain :)

In a few months time I had become familiar with BlackBerry and Android. BlackBerry was good, but Android had me addicted
    But pretty soon I found out that touch screen phones are not for me as a phone when I first made a call to an IVRS. I made the call and it said "press 1 to continue..." and I found myself staring at a blank screen not knowing where to press :-?
    So now I carry two devices a Nokia E72 (again a test device) which I use for regular phone calls and the Samsung Galaxy Spica as a PID (Personal Internet Device) and got a 2GB monthly GPRS plan for it, which is sufficient for all my Gmail, Facebook, News reading, and browsing on the go.
  3. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    hmm,got the point,even am against touch screen phones,both hands needed!
  4. gautamkhadse

gautamkhadse Regolare

Pune
    I really love the samsung Galaxy S . One of my friends got it .Absolutely stunning display . Compared to the iPhones display the samsung is wayyyy ahead . The AmoLED screen is just stunning . Dad uses a iPhone , I was never a phone of iPhone . I just found it to be overhyped for all its worth but its got all the world going gaga over it . But for some reason the touch screens are pretty scary . too much of handle with care required which am afraid am not good at and plus the low battery life . Plus I maintain 2 number like a lot of us do and do not like carrying 2 phones . Had a BB earlier , but carrying a BB and another phone is very boring so from all the resent choices I had in the dual sim category I went ahead and got our Indi made Micromax .. lol .. thats like going down from Grande Punto to Tata Nano or even Bajaj Auto .. lol .. but one of these days am gona get my hand on a Android Device , probably the Notion Ink Adam , as and when it is released .
  5. Gautam be careful with the Micromax, am working in a place where camera mobiles are not allowed hence a lot of people carry micromax. I personally know 4 people having same set Q1, out of which 3 have complained of frequent headaches on using it. I went to their site to find SAR(radiation) rating but it's not available. Wanted to compare it with big players like Nokia etc.
  6. gautamkhadse

gautamkhadse Regolare

Pune
    Hi Atul .. thats alarming man ! Am planning to move back to my BB anyway once i get another Nokia
  7. nmp

nmp Amatore

Thane, Mumbai
    Touchscreens - Alright they are not making life better but for me it serves the purpose - e-mail, 'little' browsing, Google Maps, rarely SMSing, and off course making calls ::V. Oh and imp thing is I hardly get any calls while driving neither I like to call anyone when I'm with my Italian beauty. Going back to keypad seems to be difficult. Having used Google Maps I want to upgrade to full fledged GPS. In the touchscreen all the buzz is around Android. Thats why Touchscreen and Android. :dance
  8. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    I almost went for BlackBerry but then just in time their problem with authorities started on sharing email/ messages. Whats the final status? is it safer to go for BlackBerry?
  9. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    I don't think BlackBerry can afford to have their services terminated. Now the deadline is extended to end October. My belief is that they will come to some kind of compromise. Last news I heard was Canada's political leaders are also getting into the discussion with RIM to arrive at some compromise.
  10. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    Am using HTC TD2 for almost a year now. Yes, it is a bit odd to use the stylus to do the simple typing tasks, but apart from that, I find it quite useful. I have customized it with SPB shell and Naong themes/widgets :dancing . Looking out for WP7 and how droid 2.2 is gonna be up against it. :confused1