1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Android Thread

Discussion in 'Gadgets / Electronics / Laptops' started by royj, Sep 29, 2010.

1. yeah had an issue with the screen,(it was too small for my fingers)
    and had poor battery for my usage. needed to charge it twice a day minimum.
    so gave it to my brother and got myself an n8.
    budget is no issue,
    now need a better phone!!!
  2. puntoharry

puntoharry Timido

Mumbai
    I own an Xperia X8 rooted to Cyanogen Mod. :)
  3. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Mumbai/Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Hi!

I have been all the time using Nokia E series and am considering a Samsung or a Motorola phone. Problem is how do we shift the phone book memory to the new phone.

Kiran
  4. TheDrifter

TheDrifter Amatore

Hyderabad
    @Srikar - If budget is not a constraint then go for Samsung Galaxy II comes with Android 2.3.3 its pretty fast and always custom rom friendly. So give it a shot.
  5. @kirenh
    You have an option to back up all contacts onto the memory card in the settings option in phone book. They all will be in vcf format..

@thedrifter
    I would never buy a samsung..
  6. Fiat-Yamaha

Fiat-Yamaha Superiore

Bangalore
    Hi All,

I'm very new to this Touchscreen/smartphone/big mobile feel/android things, currently using SE W810i from past 5years(paid rs. 16k 5yrs back).

Now upgrading to a totally different world of mobile - I have been gifted Samsung Galaxy S2 by my wife.
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2011
  7. livelyyoungman

livelyyoungman Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    @Fiat-Yamaha: Welcome to the league of SGS2 users. Just navigate to the previous page in this thread for a host set of applications that is available to make you Drool!!!!
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2011
  8. Guys finally shifting from nokia for now.
    Thinking to get hold of a bb pearl 9105 3g.

My n8 which served me for 9months is finally falling apart. Taking almost a bump a day, and. Diving into water a few times. It feels it has seen enough i guess. It is almost dead as of now.

Had plans to get a nokia n9 but that is being very expensive for me at the moment.
    Advice on bb tariffs from airtel in ap from some one will be much appreciated.
    Never used a bb before.

My basic use is to text and call some times gps and lots of browsing.
    Now with the 100 sms per day thing, i need to switch.
  9. livelyyoungman

livelyyoungman Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    To all SGS2 users - if you are interested in Asphalt 6 HD then it is completely free for you to download. Just visit Samsung Apps. Came across this today when browsing. Links given below delve into the details.

http://theunlockr.com/2011/09/06/freebie-asphalt-6-hd-for-the-samsung-galaxy-s2/
    http://sammyhub.com/2011/09/06/galaxy-s-ii-users-can-download-asphalt-6-hd-for-free/

BTW I have already downloaded it. Also note that the initial download is close to 7MB. Post installation it downloads close to 590MB from internet.
  10. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Bangalore
    On to the android bandwagon. I purchased a Moto Fire with querty keypad. Its a decent fone for the price i paid - 9480.

Any idea if we can play music in car from phone over Blue & Me?
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2011