1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Android Thread

Discussion in 'Gadgets / Electronics / Laptops' started by royj, Sep 29, 2010.

1. Vroom

Vroom Amatore

Mumbai
    I read about this as well.. shucks! And I do not like S2 UI, not worth the price to pay if you don't like the software sitting on the dual-core process + 1 GB hardware..

Not sure if there are other phones in the price range of S2
  2. pioneeraaron
    2.3 for your phone will not be released in the near future i guess.
    2.2 is a gem. use it as it is till you get the update. there is no point rooting the phone to upgrade to 2.3 and loose warranty.

Vroom
    how much is S2 costing you??
    xperia Arc is around 23k and the Play for 25k.
    there are a new line of xperia phones in lower price range also coming very shortly.

UI is not much of a problem. like the design of the phone go for it.
    the theme can be changed. and the UI can be hidden
  3. livelyyoungman

livelyyoungman Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Unfortunate that sms cannot be synced with Google Sync... at least that is what Google says for their app.

Arc is 28K at least here in Chennai. Not sure about other places. S2 is 30K. Still when compared with arc S2 is better in terms of features offered, though build is definitely an issue (all plastic body).

Nothing is available with the same set of features. If you can protect S2 from falling it is definitely a good bet. Else Arc is a good option. But keep in mind that there is no front camera read as 3g Video Call in Arc.
  4. livelyyoungman
    what more features do you want on the arc??
    it has got that exmor sensor useful during night even...
    the phone when viewed from the front looks boxy though.
    touch i feel is better than the galaxy s2.

video calling and front facing camera??
    i cant comment i never use such things..
    but the rear camera of the arc is amazing.
    will try to post some pics captured on my frineds arc later tonight.

for the sms thing
    use any sim of your friends or relatives and forward them to your number.
    or try using the transfer contents option from the phone settings thing.
    where you need to pair both the phones and then transfer.
    hope this helps you..

when i was using android phone, i found one application for the phone where all the data including the images can be upladed as a backup there and can be restored onto any other phone using the id and password. forgot it sorry
  5. abk1980

abk1980 Amatore

Mumbai
    Hi friends,
    Any suggestions for a not-so-fragile phone with a qwerty keypad, costing upto 15k? I have to buy one for my wife. A better camera would be preferred. Android would be preferable as well. As of now, I dont see many choices other than BB Curve.
  6. abk1980
    bb pearl 3g(2 models) 9100 and 9105
    motorola charm andrioid 2.2 with qwerty keypad and touch screen
    if you want nokia
    then nokia c6 is there.
    sony ericsson xperia x10 mini pro. its under 15k but has a very small screen. another phone xperia mini pro is in the pipeline and coming soon. that must also be within your budget. it will be coming with android 2.3
  7. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Tell me who uses that 3G video call feature, I had this feature on my previous phone along with a 3G plan but never ever thought of using it. Arc is a beautiful piece of hardware put together by Sony. However my move from iOS to Android isn't as great as expected. The phone is sluggish at time and has been hard re-booted 4 times in a month, I've 2 iPhone 3GS phones at home and had rebooted them only twice in 18 months.

I would consider the iPhone 4 over the Samsung S2, Remember specs isn't everything. iOS5 brings whatever was missing in Android, Agreed it's not as open as Android but the smooth & responsive UI is far better than Android. I'm regretting my move to Android and would soon be switching back to Apple.
  8. gautamkhadse

gautamkhadse Regolare

Pune
    Just so you guys know , if you wish to buy online , buy it from letsbuy.com and use the coupon RCOMLB1 to get a instant discount of 1000 .

@abk1980 : Samsung Galaxy Ace full touch screen , android 2.2 , 5 mp camera ( absolutely amazing quality pics ) , but these full touch screen phones require frequent charging so think before you buy a touchscreen .

You could also look at Samsung Galaxy pro which is a touch screen plus qwerty and android , I guess it sells at around 10 grand .

The Motorola charm is a useless phone , absolutely horrible screen resolution and the form factor is a disaster .

I would suggest , sit with your wife browse through the phones on flipkart and letsbuy and then decide . Also make sure you read reviews on the net and watch a few review videos of the phone on you tube , so you get a fair bit of idea as to how the phone looks and operates and also its pros and cons
  9. gautam
    saw the screen of the charm??
    its better than that of many bigger resolution samsung screeens.
    have first hand experience with it.
    the form factor is a candybar phone with full qwerty.
    it meets all my basic requirements..
    plus gives me decent battery also
  10. abk1980

abk1980 Amatore

Mumbai
    Thanks Gautam & Sri.