1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Android Thread

Discussion in 'Gadgets / Electronics / Laptops' started by royj, Sep 29, 2010.

1. amith was the resolution nice??
    i mean were the letters clear or blurred??
    plus you dont get that pinch to zoom feature if ia m not right..
    wha tmaps have you downloaded??
    the lateset 6 or 5.xx
  2. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

resolution is very nice. i am using 8.16 version. pinch to zoom also works.
  3. rainy

rainy Amatore

I just got myself a Galaxy Tab. It is fun to use, but carrying it around is a job. My co-workers make fun of my carrying around my "laptop"! Having said that, it *has* replaced my home laptop for my casual surfing needs when I'm around my home wifi.

The only downside is the data usage. Before the Galaxy Tab, my monthly GPRS usage (I don't have 3G yet) was ~90MB and about less than a month of usage with the Tab pushed it to 300 MB! Anyone know if all Android phones use data networks so extensively?
  4. rainy
    these android devices uses various google supported services like gmail,contacts,sync and market and other things due to which the data usage goes up.
    plus it might also be that since this is a new gadget you must have used it with gprs also.

BTW does banglore not have 3g??
    try BSNL IPAD sim. 3g unlimited at 1000pm.
    you need that sim, microsim adapter.. thats all.

pm me the details please..
    would like to get this then onto my phone
  5. rainy

rainy Amatore

Yes, Bangalore has 3G, but I've not got around to getting myself a connection. Was waiting for number portability earlier, and now I want to gauge 3G performance of different providers in the city before I move to that.
  6. bsnl is what i use. and it does not have fup(fair usage policy) and has beter speeds than the private players
  7. rainy

rainy Amatore

You can type "about:useragent" into the stock browser and choose desktop from the options to make sites load their full versions.
    Last edited: May 28, 2011
  8. It works perfectly. Sadly, I'm yet to use the GPS.

The resolution is excellent and we've dropped the plan of buying a GPS device. :p

Pinch to zoom feature works perfectly.

The Map version is 7.80. :D

Well. I've PMed you the details.
  9. teky

teky Esperto

Guys - picked up Xperia Arc couple of days back. I'm looking for a car mount for this, can anyone recommend any specific brand/mount for this.

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk
  10. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3