1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Android Thread

Discussion in 'Gadgets / Electronics / Laptops' started by royj, Sep 29, 2010.

1. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    i am loving the dell xcd35 day by day. battery life has also increased now after 2 charges. now it lasts for 1.5 days and more.
    the display is to die for.
  2. Aniket

Aniket Superiore

Thane, Mumbai
    hey me too baougt dell superb fone at 10000rs i love its screen

from where u get updat
    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2011
  3. aniket
    go to any dell store and ask them to update it for you.it is generally foc. do take a bill with you..
    i dont know if you can update it with your computer. i was unable to do.
    the update does not have anything extra except wifi hotspot and a little more battery life.
    if you already have put all your numbers on the phone i would suggest dont go for the update
  4. Why?

We can export the contacts to the SD card and we can import it to the phone after the update. :)
  5. i never knew this.. had that option been kn own to me i would not have given it back... i had 2.1 on the phone.. wanted 2.2 the customer service guy told i would lose all my contacts... sold of the phone..
    i wanted wifi hotspot ability and not regular tethering like in barnacle or sort
  6. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Even this is unnecessary. Just sync with your Google account before and after update and that is all you need to do.
    Last edited: May 27, 2011
  7. sir i had an issue with google sync.
    my email contacts used to appear but phone contacts would not. then had to take a big pain writing down all contacts and then typing each one back..
    or each contact would be shown twice..
    google is reall pain. its better to use backup and restore option in other android phones..
  8. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Ahh.. I understand the issue, but I never faced it. Looking back I see why. Long back I used to sync my Nokia contacts with Outlook contacts and then Outlook contacts with Google contacts. So when I started with Andorid, every contact was there in Google. Now it is funny as there are contacts with just phone number and no email id and there are contacts with just email id and no phone number. But either way they are useful.
  9. I successfully installed Sygic with Map My India Mobile Maps 10 v8.14 on my LG Optimus One without having spent a single penny from my pocket. :D

In case, if you need any assistance to install it on your phone, feel free to PM me. :p
  10. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    great ones :) how is it working now? it works superb on mine. now i will install the german maps as i am going to germany for couple of months