1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Android Thread

Discussion in 'Gadgets / Electronics / Laptops' started by royj, Sep 29, 2010.

1. shivam
    sir i dont know about xt5 at all. moto defy seems to be good.
    but then i never saw a single phone at all in the market being sold.
    the battery of all android phones is a bit on the lower side always.
    maximum charge they can give is 1 day.
    this is mainly due to lower power capacity battery
    more power hungry cpu and high memory usind applications.
    that phone is stylish though. looks like milestone.

thatr was the phone i had in mind before buying n8
  2. Narayan

Narayan Regolare

Android Phones

I just bought the Motorolla Charm for 12K. I was impressed with the trackpad that it has in the back called the 'backtrack'. Im not a fan of large screens, and i was used to qwerty keypads.

I felt this kind of had everything in it, qwerty kepad, slim design, light weight, capacitive touch screen and in addition to this a very useful 'backtrack' along with android 2.1 for 12K. Decent processor and memory configurations and i have it withstand upto 1.5 days atleast of charge for my usage for emails and android apps.

I saw someone upgrading the android OS to 2.2. can we do that on all models? How do we do that?
  3. narayan
    i fear not. there is no official upgrade for the charm from motorola to 2.2 andrioid.
    there is one xda thing whose members make such unoffcial releases and put them into the market.
    that phone is a little too wide.battery in my usage it came for 8hrs i guess. my friend has it..
    sleek,nice, vfm. dell xcd35 is a better option
  4. Narayan

Narayan Regolare

Thanks for the quick response.

Are there any Android apps for FIAT?
  5. Shivam

Shivam Amatore

Dont use sir bro firstly thanks for reply.Is it so that battery backup of all the android phones is maximum 1 day.I am really not being able to decide:confused: i will have a look at xcd35 the problem is that i am not able to rule out galaxy ace initial choice;-) so i want to know that is the battery back up of ace so low that one cant live with it or marginaly less than others also if any other phones are going to be launched soon in this range.:-|
    Last edited: May 24, 2011
  6. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

"CountRock :Anyone got media/songs to play over bluetooth on Blue&Me? I cannot do it with my Nexus one"

Blackberry it doesn't and same with Nokia 5233.. not sure about other phones
  7. shivam
    for my power hungry usage ace lasted 5hours if i am not wrong
    dell xcd lasted 8hours..
    Now power hungry i mean i used web browsing with edge under normal contions on the go. Had entered no signal areas a few times even...
    I have a choice i would buy xcd 35 plus this phone has got better pixel density than the ace.. Google for reviews of both phones and decide.. Check gsmarena.com

cubbie & countrock
    paddleshifter mentioned somewhere that bluetooth streamimg a2dp is not there on blue&me. That means songs cannot ne played if i am not wrong
  8. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Samsung Galaxy Tab- Android 2.2, 7" screen, 7 hours battery back up!!

Hey Android fans,

I needed a netbook for mobile internetting, so I started looking for a few Netbooks. On top priority was the netbook from Dell.

But then I saw ASUS Netbook with DUALBOOT (Android and Windows 7) for 16k. It was much slower as it had a single core Atom processor and just 1GB RAM (other netbooks offer 2GB and dual core at 22k). The Droid 2.2 on netwook worked wonderfully and this led me to include SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB to my list as well.

Finally bought Galaxy Tab on 13th April. Though it has no comparison with a netbook but here is what I concluded:

Pros of Tab:
    - 7 hours battery back up (netbook has lesser). No wires, no chargers around 24x7.
    - Compact size and almost pocketable, can be operated even while walking. And takes just 10 seconds to pack up and go. (not possible with netbook).
    - Latest trendy gadget that has sold more than 60 lacs units in 6 months. (I got desktop PC in 2007 when people were migrating to laptops and netbooks. Did not wanted to be behind this time).
    - Can be used as a phone as well. Hot swappable SIM card slot.
    - Cheaper internet option available (I'm running internet via GPRS on my Tab and it costs me just Rs99/month for unlimited browsing @10kbps speed). :p
    - 7 inch display size. Neither too big like iPad nor too small like Dell Streak.

Cons of Tab:
    - You are still dependent upon a PC for Data transfer. No USB port like in netbook.
    - It can not do everything a Windows powered Netbook can do. It won't play have things like "Virtual DJ" software or play GTA San Andreas or NFS Most Wanted at low settings.
    - Browsing isn't that much fun as you can't point the cursor and check what the icon means. Some sites have a habit of going into mobile view.

Other observations:
    - It's user interface is standard Android 2.2. Response is good unlike those iPad vs Tab comparos on Youtube that say that Tab is slow (not slower in comparison to iPad but slow in general) in response.

- Now that I have to browse TFI a lot to view every single post made since my last log-in, I would have preferred a Netbook over Tab. OTHER THAN THAT, Tab is the thing to go for.

- I also got MapMyIndia mobile maps pre-loaded on a 2GB SD card along with Tab. Have shown it to Ansal already (he is using mapmyindia navigator) and he agrees that they suck. Dunno if mapmyindia maps on LX130 and VX240 device are that pathetic or not.
  9. lx130 sucks for sure. that thing is the worst device i ever used. my bad i still use it...