1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Android Thread

Discussion in 'Gadgets / Electronics / Laptops' started by royj, Sep 29, 2010.

1. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Just starting an Android thread. Who all are using Android mobile phones? Which model and which all applications?
    I hold Samsung Galaxy Spica, one of the earliest cheap Android phone which I got for 12.5K runs Android 1.5 cupcake
  2. NAREN64

NAREN64

COIMBATORE
    I want to buy a Mobile Phone, should be usable for business applications like vewing mails etc., Suggest the best.
  3. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    If you are willing to tolerate the service providers and inflated bills, then BlackBerry is the one to choose. They have terrific keypads for typing. Else look for any of the E series from Nokia. I carry E72. E73 is also good.
    If you are planning to type a lot, avoid phones that have only touch screen input.
  4. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Good thread Roy, hope I can get some reviews from Android users and catch hold of one when I have sufficient Vitamin M.
  5. Aniket

Aniket Superiore

Thane, Mumbai
    yes m having HTC tattoo runs on android 2.1 but dont have bluetooth data transfer
  6. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Do not own one,but thinking of Sony ericsson MINI X10 costing around 12k,small in size,5 mp camera
  7. nmp

nmp Amatore

Thane, Mumbai
    Thanks RoyJ for the thread.

Hey Bala, I too 'am looking for X10 Mini, but its seems to be very small to handle. Have you checked it in flesh?
    Among the entry level Androids how is Samsung Galaxy 3?
  8. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    NMP,I've seen it in a video in net,it's very small,would be difficult to handle,but the guy in demo had no problems
    About Samsung,i currently own the touch wiz,will never buy a samsung mobile again
  9. nmp

nmp Amatore

Thane, Mumbai
    Bala
    I checked up X10 Mini in the shop. And I would say 'Don't go for it'. Its too tiny, even my fingers are longer. It feels like a toy and I don't think its worth. Samsung, I too am not interested. I liked HTC Aria but it is not yet launched in India. That leaves me absolutely no option to choose from. :A
  10. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Using Samsung Corby Plus currently(since Feb2010), I would say that hopefully I won't go with Samsung again.
    Crappy OS(bottom of the list).
    Sluggish performance(too much turbo lag) :lol:
    takes time to open picture thumbnails like a 20 year old PC.
    Zoom function of photo viewer is antique. Just a formality. Wish it wasn't there at all. Wouldn't have :irked this much.

Summary:
    Crap OS (alright Samsung Androids may issue this problem)
    5Mhz equivalent processor with 32kb RAM I believe. (1Ghz processor available now in Samsung but current offering has left bad user experience in my mind. I was going for hTC touch but my brother did not allow it as we already had hTC P3400i.
    I wish it would be hTC next time.
    Disclaimer: I'm still loyal to my Corby Plus. I'm not ok with Samsung. I do not like to disrespect my personal things. ::V