1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Android based infotainment system for Linea T-Jet on a shoestring budget.

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by PatchyBoy, Oct 4, 2012.

1. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    it might be asking for too much but if you could somehow come up with lighting for the FIAT logo on the holder i think during night times it will be amazing..
    Nonetheless this is a wonderful job..
  2. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks. It does look pretty cool :D

Thanks. Now that is some food for thought. How much do you think people will be willing to pay? Since this is the new gen FIAT specific (of course can be redesigned to fit others, I guess), I don't see a torrent of orders, though :D

Thanks. I guess it might be possible to do that. But to achieve that effect, without permanent alterations to the OE fascia, I think the lighting must work out of the tablet. Let me think about it some :D

Rajan
  3. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Great going Rajan,

I am sure the Mini AUX pins can be used in much better way, riding on CD Changer works resulting into Auto mute when phone call is received. Similarly the steering controls can be used to switch between source of audio :) But tracks cannot be changed :(. Also the Power up from HU can be used to power up the device and taskmanger can be used to send the android device into sleep mode if HU power off is done and wake up when power is received :) Works as Instant on and off. Could work good for about 6-7 days sleep periods too.

Interestingly if we can control ACC with OBD communication then placing a 10" screen in front of all HU and ACC will make it all work :)

DIY world is interesting if money and time is no limit then awesome results can be achieved.

Also just in case you want to cut down showing up the audio out wire, you can use Bluetooth A2DP addon connector with your Aux in :)
    Amazon.com: Miccus Mini-jack RX: Bluetooth Music Receiver pair it with Phones, Tablets, PCs and Apple Devices: MP3 Players & Accessories
    Works fine :) Stream Audio via bluetooth to Aux In :)

IMG_4054.jpg
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2012
    2 people like this.
  4. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks Viny. Coming from you, it means a lot to me. Your DIY post on the HUD was the inspiration for me :D

Would appreciate if you are able to elaborate a bit more on how to connect to the CD changer. I have posted the circuit diagram printed on the HU in this thread. I tried all kinds of jugaad - connecting a 1K Ohm resistor to the CDC data pin, opening the HU and checking if I can solder the AUX wires in parallel to the CD Audio, etc., but was not successful.

Also powering the tablet from the HU looks quite an interesting option. I am not all that strong in electronics, more mechanical oriented :D. Any tips from you will be greatly appreciated.

If you are also able to throw some light on how to connect up the Blubridge, that would be nice.

Thanks a lot,

Rajan
  5. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Please refer http://www.teamfiat.co.in/car-enter...th-usb-aux-functionality-punto-emotion-7.html to know more about how to ride over CD Changer Aux in.

Blubridge will take power from USB, the Aux IN pin will connect to Aux In Input socket of HU. Thus it act as bluetooth reciever. Now you can pair you mobile or audio devices with Blubridge to do A2DP data transfer, which will be pushed to HU Auxin by Blubridge.

Let me know if you have any queries about how powering the Device from HU.
  6. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Excellent work Patchyboy. Very good quality of workmanship.
  7. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Rajan,
    i'm plannign to buy a tablet and narrowed down to Milagrow MGPT07 Pro at cost of 5490 INR ,which says having GPS,now if i follow same like what you have done of downloading the maps first and then use with GPS link for the navigation.does this works or we need a bluetooth GPS receiver(i believe GPS functionality was not on your TAB).
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2013
  8. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    I bought an external GPS receiver, only because my tablet did not have built-in GPS. Since your tablet comes with GPS, there is no need for an external device. Downloaded maps should work just fine.

Rajan
    1 person likes this.
  9. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks Rajan for the info,your thread made me elearn about GPS :D
    the Milagrow Tab was having just A-GPS and not standalone GPS,hence changed to Iball this tab have evrything with bluetooth.Need to check now with my blaupunkt have to visit the car decor shop.
  10. fernandeskaran

fernandeskaran Amatore

Mumbai, Maharashtra
    Mumbai Suburban
    Linea 1.3
    @Ganges: Have a look @ the Galaxy Tab 2 311 (P3110) i picked it up a few days back. it has GPS (not A-GPS) if u are considering iball, u should have a look at this.
    I came up with a DIY stand for the tablet, Will post pictures tomorrow :)
    2 people like this.